New DID Captain Miller figure photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well .. i have both the custome Miller and the new DID ... the new one is nice and i like the gear that he come with but my custom i think looks better over all ... this is a great figure to get for the $$

If I had any hair I would have ripped it out putting this together. aaaaaaaaaargh! I have one kitting to put on and will be finished kinda. 4 freakin hours

I picked mine up at Toys2 today and i love this figure.

4hrs i could see that, took me about 2.5hrs as those boot coverings were a bit of a pisser to get on, more specifically the loops that go under the boots..tweezers and patience.

I will take better/clearer pics later on as my battery died on me after getting three shots in.

f1k2a8.jpg

2q8wosi.jpg

Ok here is a good lot of pics, crappy pics i know and not much going on in them but, meh..my camera is poo.

So, i think i like the M2 helmet on the Foster figure more then the
M1 on Capt. Miller and also, i have noticed the capt. insignia on his helmet is a tad too large and a bit off center and should be up higher. His eyes look like his head was beaten in with a bat from some angles and others not so much, kind of like Jedi Luke but, not as worse.

I really like this figure but, they are not really that close to Hot Toys excellent QC yet...very hit or miss figures in the paint deptment.

1zx4046.jpg

11141h3.jpg

aka87q.jpg

xgmn4n.jpg

315zgx1.jpg

2z49uur.jpg

28hpgg4.jpg

I was thinking about gettin' this figure for the HS originally, but those eyes--it's like the guy has some kinda goiter problem! It's as if his eyes are about to pop out of their sockets! :horror

What?, goiter?..isn't that the swelling of the thyroid gland?..not the eyes lol!. This figure is like some of the SS figures that when photographed they look only half as good as seen in person.

I would say out of all the Capt.Miller figures i have seen online though, this one has the best likeness.

Its not perfect but, closer then most out there.

What?, goiter?..isn't that the swelling of the thyroid gland?..not the eyes lol!. This figure is like some of the SS figures that when photographed they look only half as good as seen in person.

I would say out of all the Capt.Miller figures i have seen online though, this one has the best likeness.

I think Serangs and Longbow are both far better likenesses to Hanks then this. The head is awful on this figure.

But the gear looks great.

So I'm totally new to Military figures this intricate. Is there a resource that can help me get this gear on correctly? The DID site has some great pictures but he didn't come with any instructions and I don't want to mess it up.

Did the best I could from the pics on DiD's site. Man, I feel like I made this thing myself!!!

I have to agree with Valfar...I've seen some good customs but I think this is my favorite Hanks sculpt. The eyes are a little wide set but every sculpt I've seen has it's negatives and this is the least bothersome to me (especially considering the excellent paint job you get along with it).
Big thanks to EVILFACE for the stand decals, too!

Miller.jpg

MillerCU1.jpg

SPRStand.jpg

My bad--I've seen patients come in lookin' like this :horror, often caused by their thyroids acting up :sick (either hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism)--it's just a bad habit of mine to nickname 'em as "goiter" even if their necks are not yet visible from an enlarged thyroid.
Anyways, congratulations on your purchase! :D

Hey Val, did Foster come with a Thompson?

Yup, and a M1 Garand.

Both are plastic but, i like the darker wood finish on the Thompson that came with Foster more then the lighter finish that came with Miller, though Miller's is wood and metal and has a great authentic feel and weight to it,spring loaded as well.

The M1 Garand that comes with Foster has a real metal clip with metal bullets that can be inserted, really nice and much better then the Garand that came with DX Joker and i assume the upcoming Aldo Raine figure,which from what i hear may be in stock next week at Toys2.

Yup, and a M1 Garand.

Both are plastic but, i like the darker wood finish on the Thompson that came with Foster more then the lighter finish that came with Miller, though Miller's is wood and metal and has a great authentic feel and weight to it,spring loaded as well.

The M1 Garand that comes with Foster has a real metal clip with metal bullets that can be inserted, really nice and much better then the Garand that came with DX Joker and i assume the upcoming Aldo Raine figure,which from what i hear may be in stock next week at Toys2.

I hear ya, but he just looks awkward posed with the Springfield and a vest full of Thompson mags. :lol

Did the best I could from the pics on DiD's site. Man, I feel like I made this thing myself!!!

I have to agree with Valfar...I've seen some good customs but I think this is my favorite Hanks sculpt. The eyes are a little wide set but every sculpt I've seen has it's negatives and this is the least bothersome to me (especially considering the excellent paint job you get along with it).
Big thanks to EVILFACE for the stand decals, too!

HEY did it come with a stand???

Back