New "Buffy" trading cards from Rittenhouse!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New "Buffy" trading cards from Rittenhouse!

So the release date is now 25th March.

I feel this is an epic fail by RA.
All we get in a $400 set is a SMG auto and a lame 9 card sticker set.

Sketches are only available if you buy 4 sets - you've gotta spend $1600 to get a sketch. However you can only order one set from RA, only dealers can order more than one. So your only chance at a sketch is to buy one off a dealer, in which you will be paying through the nose as they will be so rare.

Also, word is that 3 of the characters were not allowed to be done on sketches, one of them is Angel. David Boreanaz rejected any sketches of Angel.

It's a real shame that they spent all that time to just come up with this set.

BWHAHAHA, that is terrible. What fan is really gonna pay that much for almost nothing?

There is no other autos lol. There are just 2 different designs of SMG auto, 200 of each. For $400 you get one of the autos and the 9 sticker set, that is all :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously that is a horrible set. Why were they wanting to know ideas about people who we wanted to sign cards!? I may or may not purchase a box. I can't afford it now but I would like to get ONE box and only one box...there's no way I would even consider buying 2.

Seriously that is a horrible set. Why were they wanting to know ideas about people who we wanted to sign cards!? I may or may not purchase a box. I can't afford it now but I would like to get ONE box and only one box...there's no way I would even consider buying 2.

I don't know who else they asked to sign cards, but Seth Green was one and he declined (he never signs). They seemed to only be interested in who hadn't signed before, so it seems unlikely they ever asked the majority of the main cast.

As for the sketches, apparently 4 actors rejected almost all of the sketches of their characters. So any sketches of the main cast will be very expensive to acquire.

I'm out right now. $400 is too pricey for me.

So let me get this straight....this "ultimate" set basically only has 11 cards in total that can be collected?! It doesn't even have a general base set of 80 or so cards like inkworks used to?

$400 for 9 stickers and a SMG auto?!?! Seriously?!?!

Well the link is working for me fine.

Yes, there is no base set, or chase inserts other than the 9 sticker set. You only get 10 cards per box, 9 stickers and 1 of the SMG autos.

Rittenhouse have sold out already, so you can only purchase from a dealer or eBay.

I think the auto will only become more expensive down the line unfortunately. There are only 200 of each design, some fans have already expressed interest in owning them both.

Easy money for dealers who could snag 4 packs and get the free sketch. They can sell the autos for $400 at least and then sell the sketch for huge $$. The lucky ones will get a David Desbois sketch, who is apparently the only one who had his Buffy and Angel sketches approved by the actors. They will sell for ridiculous money, up there with the best Star Wars sketches I believe.

I had such high hopes for this set. Once again I'm totally let down.

I'll just continue to work on my inkworks collection. I still need several autos and pieceworks to complete those sets.

Inkworks autos I still need:

Season 1: All 4 (Joss, David, Mark, & Alyson)...these are near impossible to afford for me.

Season 2: Cordelia, Giles, Ted (John Ritter), Jenny, Kendra (I've got my eye on a few of these for future purchases)

Season 3: Darla, Xander, Spike, Drusilla, & Faith (hopefully I'll be able to get at least Xander, that's the cheapest one in the bunch)

Season 4: Harmony is the only one I don't have.

Season 5: Tara & Dawn (these 2 are darn expensive)

Season 6: Sam & David Fury (I'll pick these up soon, they're not too expensive)

Season 7: Kennedy, Molly, Vi, Caleb, Joss farewell card (a few of these I'll be able to get soon...hopefully)

Men of Sunnydale: I own all of them except the evil trio card.

Reflections: Giles, Faith, Gwendolyn (I've got my eye on Giles & Gwendolyn now)

Yeah, they're already upping their prices. Last week they were selling for $400 for 1 and $750 for the both of them lol.

There's plenty of sold ones already in the completed items.

Back