Media New Batman Game by Telltale Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just this week, my co-worker and I were talking about videogames, and I told him I wish telltale games would make a batman game.
Cause I love the way they implement storytelling to their games with stunning comicbook type visuals.

Looks like a genie was listening to my wish. :)

Telltale's Making a Batman Game

Last edited:
Never tried out any Telltale games, but this could end up pretty neat.

Love there games. Very excited for this and the new Walking Dead game they are working on.

I completed the game of thrones last week, and in a way i was glad it was over. Great story set within the universe, with authentic dialogue, but that decision making though! Boy, i think those characters were in for a hellish ride no matter what i did. Very stressful! Lol

Hopefully the game looks good. I really never liked the aesthetics of Telltale games. Maybe they'll change it up for this one!

I love their games. So much that I repurchased them when I bought a ps4. There was actually a nice increase in detail on the walking dead series...Some scenes look like moving art on canvas.
The wolf among us looked the same on both consoles, but that's my favorite so I repurchased it when it was on sale.
Amazing story and highly recommended if you guys haven't played it.

Last edited:
I basically buy most things related to Batman so this is on my list but I'm not sure how the normal TellTale way of producing games is going to feel after the Arkham series. To go from something that had such an emphasis on combat/adventure to something that's more Decision/Roleplaying based is quite the switch. We'll see how they handle it.

I basically buy most things related to Batman so this is on my list but I'm not sure how the normal TellTale way of producing games is going to feel after the Arkham series. To go from something that had such an emphasis on combat/adventure to something that's more Decision/Roleplaying based is quite the switch. We'll see how they handle it.

This is exactly why I thought having it this way is brilliant, because telltale games have an excellent way of telling a story, in a compelling way that
doesnt necessarily rely on the action portion of the game.

Its an excellent follow up, cause otherwise, if it was given to another game maker who uses the same formula as the Arkham series...people are always gonna judge it by Rocksteady Standards.
Its nice to be able to play Batman on an entirely different format. Specially one that highly focuses on storytelling.

I hope it's 100% original and not an adaptation of a comic run.

It probably will be, it would be nice though if they hired someone familiar with Batman to write the story. Much like Rocksteady did when the Hired Paul Dini to write both Asylum and City. Which to me were the better of the four Arkham Games story wise.

This is exactly why I thought having it this way is brilliant, because telltale games have an excellent way of telling a story, in a compelling way that
doesnt necessarily rely on the action portion of the game.

Its an excellent follow up, cause otherwise, if it was given to another game maker who uses the same formula as the Arkham series...people are always gonna judge it by Rocksteady Standards.
Its nice to be able to play Batman on an entirely different format. Specially one that highly focuses on storytelling.

I think it will be a change of pace, but one of the things about the Arkham games was making you feel like Batman, and a certain portion of that is wiping the floor with criminals. But, if they made this more about being a detective, maybe even took a little bit from the Frogware Sherlock Holmes games with mini evidence puzzles or something like that I think it could be very cool.

I'm also very interested to see what WB Montreal is producing, But I doubt it will be shown anytime soon since they're still hiring teams for their two projects.

I actually think Origins has the best story which is why I hope they wrote their own. I get that it seems like a good idea to get comic writers involved in this stuff but I think it usually fairs better to get a fresh take on it. Especially considering if I wanted a Paul Dini story I have plenty of options so they should give someone else a try. Variety is a great thing.

If it is an adaptation tho, anything but The Dark Knight Returns.

Origins was basically a mix and match of knightfall and the origin story from The killing joke. I didn't really find it to be the best story, just kind of cool because of all the nods to the stories they kinda stole from.

Granted Dini has done a ton of Batman but I was only using him as an example. Actually I wouldn't mind them getting Brian Azzarello. Broken city was an amazing Batman story and I'd like to see what he could do again especially with the format change.
I actually think Origins has the best story which is why I hope they wrote their own. I get that it seems like a good idea to get comic writers involved in this stuff but I think it usually fairs better to get a fresh take on it. Especially considering if I wanted a Paul Dini story I have plenty of options so they should give someone else a try. Variety is a great thing.

If it is an adaptation tho, anything but The Dark Knight Returns.

Origins was basically a mix and match of knightfall and the origin story from The killing joke. I didn't really find it to be the best story, just kind of cool because of all the nods to the stories they kinda stole from.

Granted Dini has done a ton of Batman but I was only using him as an example. Actually I wouldn't mind them getting Brian Azzarello. Broken city was an amazing Batman story and I'd like to see what he could do again especially with the format change.

That could be said for all the Arkham games really. Especially the first two. Asylum was basically a loose adaption or Serious House on Serious Earth. Same set up and even dialogue taken from the comic verbatim. City pulls from Bruce Wayne Murderer, No Mans Land and more. The majority of the side missions were almost literal adaptions of story lines. Origins in my opinion is the most original of the series. Regardless I just miss the days when they did new things with Batman instead of constantly trying to relive his past highlights.

That could be said for all the Arkham games really. Especially the first two. Asylum was basically a loose adaption or Serious House on Serious Earth. Same set up and even dialogue taken from the comic verbatim. City pulls from Bruce Wayne Murderer, No Mans Land and more. The majority of the side missions were almost literal adaptions of story lines. Origins in my opinion is the most original of the series. Regardless I just miss the days when they did new things with Batman instead of constantly trying to relive his past highlights.

Unfortunately it probably does become difficult, after so many years and with so many talented individuals having tackled him, for new material to be completely new but still keeping the essence of the character. Even the things that everyone is praising Snyder for doing in the new 52 are derivative of other stories with small twists tossed in to give it a different end or small take. It's going to take a truly talented individual to come up with something completely new and still have it be a Batman story.

But I give the Arkham series a ton of credit, even Knight, which was my least favorite of the series story wise was an amazing game to play through. So it's going to take one heck of a game to make me shake off that series, other wise it's just a distraction until someone blows my mind again.

Wow - great news. This excites me a lot. I wonder if the game will focus on detective work more than fighting.

Back