New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how the ovals on the skull looks 3d (has depth) when it's really just your paint on there in 2d. The cracks on the skull look badass too! :clap

Thanks, DP. You are the one that set the bar that high for me. I still look at yours to inspire me when I work on mine.

I love how the ovals on the skull looks 3d (has depth) when it's really just your paint on there in 2d. The cracks on the skull look badass too! :clap

Thanks. Mission accomplished then.:yess:

Every time I think I've seen the ultimate Alien on here, someone trumps it.

Stunning paint job.

20120323165647272.jpg

Heres my replacement in the case...the paint job is even more detailed than the last, especially on the head, theres a lot more "black" in it, out seems and the arms are more symmetrically attached...

032412084232.jpg

20120323173251408.jpg

...with flash

20120323173251408.jpg

20120323162747460.jpg

20120323165410156.jpg

20120323172802320.jpg

The detail on the skull and the test of the head is a lot more involved than my last one, the veins are crisp and theres dimension to the head, especially the ovoid patterns...i.m very happy, its even more HR Giger , looking than reiou

Oh, wow, that makes me want one badly... :(

I believe there are still normal versions available....DO IT.....
Its really is worth it, if you want one to repaint, ask for the one I returned, and maybe they.ll sell it cheaper since its missing the chest spur, but u can always xsculpt it in....your paint job on this would b exceleent !

Last edited:
I'd LOVE to see one of the hero suit versions sculpted by sano withe bolaji gloved hands amd the ribbed wrists...maybe in another pose, like tbe box pose or the stoop style B type...i just noticed thers also no ribbed wrists on the ss big chap maquette.....

what are the ribbed wrists? Do any Alien statues have them?

The original kenner had them....its from the gloves as part of the costume, they were so signature that even the dark horse comics illustrated the wrists like that...the marmit hr giger sculpture version vinyl, the marmit retro style vinyl, and the a and b statues, the kenner 5" version fr the aliens collection had m...in fact its only the original sculpture that did n't...all costume versions did too...i think the alien diorama from ss also had them...the giger statue had neither those, nor the elbow spurs...

Last edited:
Back