New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, there is no paint on it yet. The mold lines are all cleaned and basic assembly is done. I will be paint it in its separate pieces as much as possible to make it easier to fully detail before final assembly, so there really isn't much to show yet. First thing I will be painting is the skull detail when I start though.

Sadly, there is no paint on it yet. The mold lines are all cleaned and basic assembly is done. I will be paint it in its separate pieces as much as possible to make it easier to fully detail before final assembly, so there really isn't much to show yet. First thing I will be painting is the skull detail when I start though.

I'm looking forward to see how your going to paint this piece :)

Well, I rec'd my SS Alien Maquette yesterday - and guess what?

It's missing spurs on the tail!!!!

So I'm waiting for a reply from the returns dept re my replacement...

Was the paint job INTENDED to be glossy?

Well, I rec'd my SS Alien Maquette yesterday - and guess what?

It's missing spurs on the tail!!!!

So I'm waiting for a reply from the returns dept re my replacement...

Was the paint job INTENDED to be glossy?

Wrong thread dude :lol

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw you were talking about receiving this as well earlier in the thread.

Wrong thread dude :lol

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw you were talking about receiving this as well earlier in the thread.

It's just that all my aliens lately have been arriving with missing spines !!
I'll bet my Alien 1/5 Statue from SS will also have missing spines ---

In the meantime I haven't yet heard back from Roswell -- they were supposed to be sending the alien this week I believe...

OH and my SS is not fully in stock so, I'll have to wait for that replacement toward the end of the Month

That blows man! HOpe it all works out for you.
They rarely ever put gloss finishes on their Aliens. The Warrior and Predalien didn't come glossy. Even the Queen had more of a semi-gloss finish. The only one I got that came with a gloss finish is the Alien3 maquette. I'm not sure about their smaller pieces, though. I've never bought one.

I'm kinda tempted to siply return it -- its such a headache to deal with - but I'm sure I'll regret it if I did ...oh well I have 30 days --- well 29 left to decide ;P

I think this is one of the best Alien statues in my collection. (Edit: best but I wish this one didn't get damaged.)

Although it arrived damaged, I am glad it didn't have broken fingers, tail, missing spines, etc.

Hobby Search customer service and communication was great. Considering the shipping costs, I accepted a partial refund.

I think this is one of the best Alien statues in my collection. (Edit: best but I wish this one didn't get damaged.)

Although it arrived damaged, I am glad it didn't have broken fingers, tail, missing spines, etc.

Hobby Search customer service and communication was great. Considering the shipping costs, I accepted a partial refund.

For the price you pay, they should've been able to reimburse any shipping charges had you incurred any...
Roswell reimbursed me as soon as I told them what I had to pay to ship-- and my shipping was like 64 bucks...Hope it was a really good partial refund...;)

I've got all the mold lines scraped off. I blended the dorsal fin and hip joint gaps, and I've got the skull detail penciled in.

I added a bit of detail under the fin to bridge the gap in the spinal detail between sections so that it looks more continuous.

SanoAlien-DorsalFinBlending.jpg

I don't think even the pre-painted Sano pieces have the hip joint line blended, but mine now does.

SanoAlien-HipSeamFill.jpg

The skull detail is only penciled on for now using the following pics as reference.

al1a.jpg

9Htt1.jpg

alien1A.jpg

I will go over the skull with a haze of bone white base color, and then go over and refine the lines with black paint. Then I will make the bone white heavier and retouch the black lines as needed. This will blend the lines in well without having to stress about airbrushing them perfectly. Finally I will tint the bone with tan and brown before attaching the dome to blend the dome joining line.

SanoAlien-PencilDetail-Front.jpg

SanoAlien-PencilDetail-RightFront.jpg

SanoAlien-PencilDetail-LeftFront.jpg

SanoAlien-PencilDetail-Right.jpg

SanoAlien-PencilDetail-Left.jpg

Guys take a look at this ALIEN deleted scene with Lambert!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR5jYeIMBKk[/ame]

And not very effective. Worked for Regan in The Exorcist, but not for the Alien. Ridley was wise to leave that on the floor...

And not very effective. Worked for Regan in The Exorcist, but not for the Alien. Ridley was wise to leave that on the floor...

I agree. Though it looks weird and maybe a lil' bit cool (b/c you never seen it before) I'm glad they decided to delete that clip off the original film.

@ Silentsurfer: Yes, it is true that our painted versions have no hip joint line blending. You should blend all the joint lines on your kit version. Especially the neck joint line. That one just screams out "Man in a suit"! :lol But, I don't mind that mine looks like that though. I love my Sano statue the way it is and I display him proudly. :wink1: Oh and excellent work on the skull BTW.

Back