New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gigeralien1.jpg

That is one sick shot. Very creepy.

Right...
Normal version = normal statue / lifesize maquette intended- perceived color
Special version= more closely resembles suit "prop
" actual colors for filming

Last edited:
That's the statue, not the suit.
And that also highlights an important difference in color, since the suit was made of a tan rubber and the color would come through as the paint was rubbed off or dissolved from the K-Y jelly used.

Right but thats not the same statue thats in gruyere, right? Same mold but not painted the same either...i believe the statue in gruyere was painted, with the same intent as the normal, w darker colors, sans the brighter highlights ...the equivalent of having an all-black vader helmet without the gunmetal highlights to accentuate the design for filming ...

Right but thats not the same statue thats in gruyere, right? Same mold but not painted the same either...i believe the statue in gruyere was painted, with the same intent as the normal, w darker colors, sans the brighter highlights ...the equivalent of having an all-black vader helmet without the gunmetal highlights to accentuate the design for filming ...

From what I saw when I went to Giger's museum in Gruyere the ALIEN statue was just black...very dark.:dunno

I can tell you guys that it was really impressive to be able to see the real creature standing right in front of you...just Epic:horror

I felt I was in the Nostromo :lecture:panic::thud::monkey3:yess::wink1:

From what I saw when I went to Giger's museum in Gruyere the ALIEN statue was just black...very dark.:dunno

I can tell you guys that it was really impressive to be able to see the real creature standing right in front of you...just Epic:horror

I felt I was in the Nostromo :lecture:panic::thud::monkey3:yess::wink1:

I wonder, if in that space, they would hear you scr:horroream...

Got this statue a few days ago. What a beauty, it's proportions are perfect, makes my Marmit look a little funny. When it came the tail broke off in transit which was horrible until I realized the break was where it was supposed to be glued to the body originally in kit form. So no big deal, I just reglued it back and it looks perfect again. I have a question, anyone know where I can get a display case for this for a reasonable price?

Got this statue a few days ago. What a beauty, it's proportions are perfect, makes my Marmit look a little funny. When it came the tail broke off in transit which was horrible until I realized the break was where it was supposed to be glued to the body originally in kit form. So no big deal, I just reglued it back and it looks perfect again. I have a question, anyone know where I can get a display case for this for a reasonable price?

Congrads transhi :rock , quite a scary there with the whole tail thing. great that it you got it fixed There are a number of sites that do custom display cases. Best to google it ...

Congrats! Still waiting for my replacement =)

I felt the same way about my Marmit ... not the 9" retro style Marmit...

This was a little weird at first -- made the Marmit look really kinda strange...

This is a forced perspective shot -- the Marmit on the right is approximately 23" tall and the Sano is around 18"-19"

a17xh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
hi, i, m new here so im not so up today. i realy like this sado alien. its so close to the movie! well, my wife would kill me if i would get one:lol
the thing with the tail is horrible! ive got already some cheap alien kits and i think its always the problem with plastic. well i m an art student and now i decided to sculpt my own alien figure. ist not so much on detail of course, but it was a try to make an bronze or an aluminium cast. the scale is also about 1/6 or smaller. 40cm high when its standing. so, it would be cool to habe an sado alien cast i aluminium wouldnt t it? in metal, its no way to break a tail.

thank you, iv already made one in bronze too. in bronze you can make i very cool patina with silver and ironnitrate, so it looks realy similar to the film. im sorry for the bad quality pictures, should make better ones, not with the old digicam...

Didnt know that the Marmit one was 1/5, I thought that it was 1/4, 24" high or so... :?

Didnt know that the Marmit one was 1/5, I thought that it was 1/4, 24" high or so... :?

Marmit is technically non-scale --- I took a forced perspective shot to compare details...you can see how large it is compared to the Sano in the previous pics....I took a few forced perspectives just for comparison

comparisonga.jpg

hi, i, m new here so im not so up today. i realy like this sado alien. its so close to the movie! well, my wife would kill me if i would get one:lol
the thing with the tail is horrible! ive got already some cheap alien kits and i think its always the problem with plastic. well i m an art student and now i decided to sculpt my own alien figure. ist not so much on detail of course, but it was a try to make an bronze or an aluminium cast. the scale is also about 1/6 or smaller. 40cm high when its standing. so, it would be cool to habe an sado alien cast i aluminium wouldnt t it? in metal, its no way to break a tail.

Awesome work!! Welcome to the boards!!

Hm that's ok, it was a forced perspective photo.

You are lucky of having the two :clap

Back