New 52 Collected Editions - Your favourites/recommendations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only real exposure to GL was through the Justice League cartoon but that was John Stewart, I knew of the other but only really in passing & had very little grounding in the universe itself so it's all been a bit new to me lately but I've fast been buying up everything I could & I have the whole of Blackest Night / Brightest day to read along with Agent Orange, Rage of the Red Lanterns, Sinestro Wars, War of the Lanterns & No Fear so think I have a fair chunk of reading to do ;)

Lol I've looked at the PF alot but I'm still not sold on how it looks.
It's ok but I think it's just not that special.

Neil

Very nice! Get reading bwoy. I picked up GL rebirth tonight and intend to read most of the series. It'll hold me over until the next batch of new 52 paperback volumes are released this fall.

Very nice! Get reading bwoy. I picked up GL rebirth tonight and intend to read most of the series. It'll hold me over until the next batch of new 52 paperback volumes are released this fall.

Lol I will :)

I find it difficult these days as the weeklies keep me occupied & then by the time I'm done with them it;s time to start on the next weeks ones.

I'm also still trying to discover the best reading order so I don't go jumping in at the wrong point.

You'll enjoy Rebirth it's brilliant.

Neil

Lol I will :)

I find it difficult these days as the weeklies keep me occupied & then by the time I'm done with them it;s time to start on the next weeks ones.

I'm also still trying to discover the best reading order so I don't go jumping in at the wrong point.

You'll enjoy Rebirth it's brilliant.

Neil

Rebirth was fun. Lots of great action.

Last edited:
Just another recommendation...get the Shazam trade that is coming out. Written by Geoff Johns and Art by Gary Frank. :rock :peace

Yes! Good recommendation. Shazam is a great character and one of my all time favourites. The Zero issue was a lot of fun so I will definitely grab the trade.

I prefer collecting the trades but it's so hard sometimes. With trinity war done and forever evil just beginning, it's difficult to just sit back and wait! Especially with potential spoilers getting around.

Last edited:
Aquaman is quite good, Earth 2 is another good book, I'd also recommend Demon Knights, while it's not collected yet I'm going to say Batman Superman it's only on issue 3 right now but it's been great so far. GL stuff is good, only problem with it is that when they said they were not changing GL history they pretty much stuck to that, so if you want to read GL I recomend going back and getting the whole Johns run on GL before new 52 for the most part it's still in continuity.

Aquaman is sitting in my "to read" pile and I'm looking forward to it. I'm really on a green lantern kick right now and still haven't had my fix!

And batman superman is a great series. Glad to see you guys have good taste haha.

Aquaman is quite good, Earth 2 is another good book, I'd also recommend Demon Knights, while it's not collected yet I'm going to say Batman Superman it's only on issue 3 right now but it's been great so far. GL stuff is good, only problem with it is that when they said they were not changing GL history they pretty much stuck to that, so if you want to read GL I recomend going back and getting the whole Johns run on GL before new 52 for the most part it's still in continuity.

Aquaman is sitting in my "to read" pile and I'm looking forward to it. I'm really on a green lantern kick right now and still haven't had my fix!

And batman superman is a great series. Glad to see you guys have good taste haha.

Agreed, I just read Batman/Superman 3, its been a great series so far. The art is gorgeous. I said in the other thread too that I thought the parts with Bruce and Clark as kids was a really nice touch.

I downloaded the first issue of Aquaman and really enjoyed it, so will probably pick up the first trade at the end of the month when I've been paid. Really looking forward to checking it out.

I posted this in the other thread but I've just read the first Aquaman trade, The Trench, and really enjoyed it. If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend it. Really good stuff.

I posted this in the other thread but I've just read the first Aquaman trade, The Trench, and really enjoyed it. If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend it. Really good stuff.

Wait till you read the Throne of Atlantis story arc...it's fantastic.

It's just sad that Geoff Johns is leaving Aquaman though, don't know if I will keep reading it. :(

Wait till you read the Throne of Atlantis story arc...it's fantastic.

It's just sad that Geoff Johns is leaving Aquaman though, don't know if I will keep reading it. :(

That sucks. :( I was actually thinking while reading it that I hope he doesn't leave the book for a while. That's a shame.

Yeah, I'm gonna grab the second volume soon then can't wait to get to Throne of Atlantis. Only annoying thing is the Justice League trade includes most of the Aquaman issues too so if you buy that and then the Aquaman trade, you really only get an extra two issues I think. Quite a dilemma. :lol but yeah, it seems like really great stuff. Can't wait to get the next trade already.

Anyone read Superman: H'el on Earth?

I gave up reading Superman each month at about issue 8 or so as it didn't seem to really be interesting me and gave up Action Comics after Grant Morrison finished his run, but was thinking about picking up the newest Superman trade. Wondered if it was worth getting.

I just got Green Lantern Secret Origin. Can I start in on volume 1 of the new 52? I heard it's like a 10 year run which is why I've steered clear, can't afford the time to read that many let alone the cost of buying them

Back