Statue New 1/3 scale Akuma from Pop Culture Shock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10809903_855281851194689_1404979097_n.jpg

Is the old 1/3 Akuma scrapped off then? The one where he has both arm open up

Jerry also said on his instagram the original 1/3 Akuma original is up for grabs for the right price. Be pretty sweet to own a 1 of 1 statue from PCS.
I'll be snagging the 1/4 as well, hoping they go with his stomp pose.
Akuma.jpg

Here is a list of what Jerry has mentioned he will be doing.

UPCOMING:
2014 -- Dhalsim/Dhalsim Flame PCS Ex/Dhalsim P2 PCS Ex
2014 -- Balrog/Balrog Crazy Buffalo PCS Ex/Balrog USA Robe PCS Ex
2015 -- Gouken/Gouken Strong Fist PCS Ex/Gouken Pilgrim PCS Ex
2015 -- Ryu(revisit)/Ryu Ansatsuken PCS Ex/Ryu Tatakai Koka PCS Ex
2015 -- E. Honda/E. Honda Ozeki PCS Ex/E. Honda Kabuki PCS Ex
???? -- Oro (APPROVALS) likely up for PO some time in 2015
???? -- Vega revisit (SCULPTING)
???? -- Blanka (SCULPTING)
???? -- Akuma revisit (SCULPTING)
???? -- Sakura (PLANNING)
???? -- Oni (PLANNING) likely up for PO some time in 2015
???? -- Juri (PLANNING) likely up for PO some time in 2015
???? -- Ken revisit (PLANNING)
???? -- Dan (PLANNING)

It's funny he announced the 1/4 Akuma revisit, you think it may hurt the 1/3 sales.

I'll prob snag most of them, not a fan of Juri or Dan so those will be the 2 that I for sure leave alone.

I think Akuma is an exception. Since the first Akuma was so grail... no one is passing on these.

Gotta agree, the 1/3 line although it will be cool doesn't really slide into the collection well in terms of size. Either that or they'll produce all characters in 1/3 and we'll have to snag tons of them.
I heard this will be 1K, I think that's a little overpriced considering it's only 3" taller than Sagat 1/4. Guess we'll see but after seeing that if it hits 1k it won't be joining my collection.

a little overpriced considering it's only 3" taller than Sagat 1/4. Guess we'll see but after seeing that if it hits 1k it won't be joining my collection.

I don't think it's just about it being 3" taller but it's also a lot more detailed sculpt wise as well. And we also have to account for the use of acrylic and light up features.

Agreed, I just don't think the extra's add up to a $650 difference. Mind you thinking about the cost of most SSC 1/4's and 1/2 LSF's, the price is still below what SSC would charge if they created the statue.

Back