New 1:1 Berserker Predator Bust revealed in German Toyfair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the life size Wolf and Predalien came out I was all over them in a flash! But after having them for a while I just felt they were not iconic enough and ended up selling them and buying C3PO and Vader. I have a feeling I might just end up selling this (no doubt for a loss with the way prices are right now) when another more iconic bust tempts me. (Robocop, Blade, Slimer, Velociraptor, Chewbacca etc)

I would also like a few others have prefered it without the pedestal so it would have gone nicely next to my classic Predator bust. Anyway an almost for me but not quite!

yea, i agree, but i sold Wolf for more than one reason. I didnt save the box for my Predalien, so she most likely stays cause i have no other option :lol. This piece may grow on me in the future, but it will all depend on if we ever see a P2 bust. It would help is SS would answer my damn question about it :pfft:

yea, i agree, but i sold Wolf for more than one reason. I didnt save the box for my Predalien, so she most likely stays cause i have no other option :lol. This piece may grow on me in the future, but it will all depend on if we ever see a P2 bust. It would help is SS would answer my damn question about it :pfft:

I know, what is the deal, just answer the question, it's not like it's top secret material. I know it's a harder bust to make b/c they don't have the molds for it blah blah but come on it's been long enough, they have had plenty of time to make one. Hasn't it been 6-7 years since the P1 bust, come on now SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Engage: Super-Multi-Thread Response!

I for see u customising ur pedestal for this beast :yess:

"Dont tempt me, Frodo!" :lol

I'll buy that for a dollar.

... and about $999 more... ;)

I wish the head wasn't so.. curved? :cuckoo: Like, the sides of the head on the bust need to be brought up more. The red parts of the head need to be more of a pale pinkish color also.
The teeth shouldn't be so yellow either. But that isn't really a problem.
Oh, and the pale green/greyish areas on the front of the head (the two thingys that curve up..) are missing a few red spot-like things.

I agree about the crest area needing to be brought up more, but that could be due the viewing angle of the bust (I said it shouldnt be angled!). As for the colors, I think that may have more to do with the lighting and camera used.

I thought his bottom mandibles spread out wider than that like when he took his mask off before he beheaded Classic?

Yeah they stretch out wide like that dudes in Blade, but I personally prefer the current position.

I know, what is the deal, just answer the question, it's not like it's top secret material. I know it's a harder bust to make b/c they don't have the molds for it blah blah but come on it's been long enough, they have had plenty of time to make one. Hasn't it been 6-7 years since the P1 bust, come on now SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They wont reveal info/pics of such a high profile piece as it would guarantedly take sales away from lower-profile pieces (such as this). :lecture

Here's a pic that someone posted on the Statueforums thats of the actual animatronic prop for comparison's sake:

predsprops.jpg

nah.........have you seen what kind of quality piece gets released when they release a version 2?:exactly:

If we ever got another P1 before a P2, this would inevitably happen

I honestly don't think SS has the rights to lifesize P1 anymore and I don't think they ever had P2. Think about it, the ONLY company that has made ANY life-size P1 or P2 recently is HCG (4 in the last 2 years). The only piece that ever came out of SS was the P1 bust over 7 years ago... :dunno.

Otherwise, you know sideshow would have at LEAST milked the license for the 2 bios.

I honestly don't think SS has the rights to lifesize P1 anymore and I don't think they ever had P2. Think about it, the ONLY company that has made ANY life-size P1 or P2 recently is HCG (4 in the last 2 years). The only piece that ever came out of SS was the P1 bust over 7 years ago... :dunno.

Otherwise, you know sideshow would have at LEAST milked the license for the 2 bios.

I thought the same thing. I have been waiting on a Sideshow p2 bust (or better yet a 1/4 scale maquette) for years now! How can they have the rights to make dinky dioramas for P2 & P1, but not 1:1 or 1/4th??:dunno

yea, they do. They answered one of my questions about the 1:1 P2 about a year, year and half ago saying that the 1:1 P2 was in the works, but then during SDCC, when i asked about another P2 piece, they said Legacy would have to do it, but they couldnt cause they were so busy with the IM and Avatard license. They have never once said they couldnt or wouldnt do the bust.

The Bios is different cause HCG is the only company that had the molds to the bios. Trust me, you will get your P1 and P2 Bios from SS eventually :wink1:. Guarantee it.........

How can they have the rights to make dinky dioramas for P2 & P1, but not 1:1 or 1/4th??:dunno

:exactly:

I thought the same thing. I have been waiting on a Sideshow p2 bust (or better yet a 1/4 scale maquette) for years now! How can they have the rights to make dinky dioramas for P2 & P1, but not 1:1 or 1/4th??:dunno

As strange as it may seem, the rights are not "across the board" when it comes to scales. So SS (or HCG, or whoever) may have the rights to do something in 1/2 or 1/4, but NOT have the rights to do the same item in 1/6 or 1/1. Also, rights can be purchased for as little as 1 year or as long as 10+ depending on license/licenser/etc.

yea, they do. They answered one of my questions about the 1:1 P2 about a year, year and half ago saying that the 1:1 P2 was in the works, but then during SDCC, when i asked about another P2 piece, they said Legacy would have to do it, but they couldnt cause they were so busy with the IM and Avatard license. They have never once said they couldnt or wouldnt do the bust.

They're stalling. ;) That's like them saying that there'll be Predators 2 merchandise. I'm sure there will be in time, but that doesnt mean they have the rights to it... yet. Im not saying SS will never make P1/P2 stuff, only that I doubt they have the 1/1 license currently.

The Bios is different cause HCG is the only company that had the molds to the bios. Trust me, you will get your P1 and P2 Bios from SS eventually :wink1:. Guarantee it.........

This is true, but that means IF and WHEN sideshow ever decides to make its own version, they will be off of the SAME molds that HCG has (only known molds in existence). So unless someone has a "I only buy SS mentality", why wouldnt they get the HCG ones (which are VERY nice by the way and honestly above SS's current bio standards). :huh

the :wink1: was supposed to represent that you WILL see them sooner than later. I have a P1 Bio from one of the original SWS molds, so theres more than 1 out there, SS just never had the connections to get their hands on one. HCG has a Bio used from the movie, and thats what they used to make their own mold i believe.

Must say that contrary to their claims, the HCG bio is not a screen used one, it was an stunt that was never used on screen. I think its clearly visible that the shapes are different from what we saw on the film.

The "original moulds" one has been around for a while, even the Icons bio came from it I think (dont know this for sure).

If SS hasnt come up with it yet is not a matter of licensing issues, if Icons and HCG did it, I can guarantee you that Sideshow can too.

The P1 & P2 licensing door is always open, keep that in mind. Fox is not Universal.

I asked a person I know on the inside about when SS was going to make a P1 & P2 mask and this is what he said, "I spoke with my guy at SS about the original predator helmets of 1 and 2. It's a weird political thing. They want to do it, but the company that are supposed to do it want to wait because it has to deal with Stan Winston's estate and they don't want to do that right now." I asked this back in '09 sometime I think.

Last edited:
So you are saying that you are going to lend SS your bio to make a mold?

nope, not sure how exactly they are making it, i just know who is........but im actually trying to sell it lol

Must say that contrary to their claims, the HCG bio is not a screen used one, it was an stunt that was never used on screen. I think its clearly visible that the shapes are different from what we saw on the film.

The "original moulds" one has been around for a while, even the Icons bio came from it I think (dont know this for sure).

If SS hasnt come up with it yet is not a matter of licensing issues, if Icons and HCG did it, I can guarantee you that Sideshow can too.

The P1 & P2 licensing door is always open, keep that in mind. Fox is not Universal.

i only know the history of their P1, frankly, never cared for their P2.

I asked a person I know on the inside about when SS was going to make a P1 & P2 mask and this is what he said, "I spoke with my guy at SS about the original predator helmets of 1 and 2. It's a weird political thing. They want to do it, but the company that are supposed to do it want to wait because it has to deal with Stan Winston's estate and they don't want to do that right now." I asked this back in '09 sometime I think.

that was awhile ago, from what i have been told not too long ago, you guys should see something for sure this year in regards to either a P1 or P2.

Back