Never sculpted before, thought I'd give it a shot... CC, tips welcome... General Zod.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggieDoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Always enjoyed art, have a knack for drawing and fabrication, but never tried sculpting anything. So I grabbed some Super Sculpey and just decided to go for it. I decided to try Michael Shannon as General Zod, since his head sculpt is such a strong expression. I thought something more neutral might be nice and if it works out, I'll have an alternate head sculpt! It's still very rough, as I did all this just today... no attempts at smoothing, nothing like that. This is literally my first try ever... obviously not perfect, but I think I captured at least some of his likeness. Any constructive criticism or tips are welcome! Now I am trying to decide whether to continue with this or start over, just to get more practice. I was working through the kinks and figuring out techniques as I went... a new try could only be better, I'd think:). Thanks for looking!

One more, straight on. I feel his profile is very strong, but the straight on isn't as good. As I said, my first draft ever, so still happy with it!

Wow! Off to a good start keep it up,I think he will turn out great. :cool:

Back