Netflix: Marvel's Jessica Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet Christmas! I loved the show and I marathoned it as well! I couldn't stop myself. :thud: They obviously had to cut stuff out, but it was a solid adaptation of the comic with a very Veronica Mars vibe to it. The acting was great. I don't think I can ever view David Tennant in the same light again. I don't think it had the same highs as DD did, but JJ was pretty consistant quality-wise. I did have a few gripes with some of stuff that happened in the middle and at the end, but I'll save those thoughts for later.

I'm still mid-way through 5 but damn, this doesn't feel like a Marvel production at all. As much as I love the comic book-yness of the movies, the Netflix shows put everything (well, almost) super-hero related (movie, tv wise) to shame. Hell, the sex scenes alone are near HBO territory. Daredevil was a bit more violent though. But that's as far as I've seen, so I'm probably missing some things.

PS: I'd be down for a custom Killgrave fig...

Only watched one episode thus far. Thought it was pretty good. Surprised at some of the content. Does not feel like a Marvel show at all. Gonna watch more tonight.

Did you get your parents ok to watch this show?

Yeah of course. I ran to mommy and asked her.

No need to be an ***.

Edit: Forgot to mention... what do you know! I comment on a show and still take ****. Good god, it is pathetic.

4 episodes in...another winner in my book. I'll echo the comments about this doesn't feel like a Marvel show except the references from time to time.

Watched the first episode. So far not nearly enjoying it as much as I did Daredevil. I hope it gets better.

Watched the first episode. So far not nearly enjoying it as much as I did Daredevil. I hope it gets better.
Feel the same. In fact, I'm not sure if I'll watch any more episodes. Well, I'll probably watch another, but I am no way hooked. Can't wait for DD season 2 though.

Finished the season , It was great, surprising in some aspects and left me wanting , which is a good sign.

My biggest issue with this series is that all tho it's hinting to a bigger shared world, we only get hints of that and i was hopping for more bigger in your face sign and or cameos .

What i enjoyed the most was the way they made Jessica vulnerable, it's clear that she's got a broken mind and it's not down played to make her look like this all powerful woman . She had layers and faults and it made the character easy to follow.

I've only seen a few episodes, but I love it so far. It's very intriguing and I feel like it has handled issues like PTSD and sexual assault very well.

Just finished the whole season. Marvel does it again. A great mini series about a lesser known character. I hope Jessica Jones gets a second season. I can't wait for the Luke Cage series to start and the second season of DD to start back up.

This show makes all the gender bending, race swapping, LGBTizing of existing characters we've been seeing lately all the more dumb and annoying. I'm two episodes in. But it stars a strong female character and a kick ass black guy. That's who they started as in the comics. No political correct update needed. Stop changing everybody's everything and make your own gay/ethnic/lady hero and leave the classics alone.

/endrant

Liking this show so far.

Been binge watching all day. Just finished episode 12. It is a slow start but gets better. I still enjoyed Daredevil more.

Back