Netflix (German) “Dark” series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the entire thing over the last few days.

Here comes a SHOCKER: Otomofan didn't like something!!

No, it was good. It was....OK. Season one was fantastic, but it immediately fell into LOST territory with season two and the whole "clearly making it up as they go without really thinking things through" method of storytelling.

Season one was so tight and well contained, but it all went spinning off the rails with the constant retcons, abandoning characters, introducing new characters, re-hashing events over and over. I guess I'm still not over the complete suck that was the ending of LOST, cause this just felt like it's spiritual sequel.

Some of it was great. Brilliant even. But by the end it was a mess of convoluted plots and melodramatic acting. So much crying.

And I know this might be a stereotype about how Germans have no sense of humor, but this was the most joyless program I've ever seen. "Dark." There wasn't a single scene over 26 hour long episodes that had a moment of levity. NONE. It was all misery, depression, and lots and lots of rain.

Wish I'd have quit after the first season. That was a really tight narrative.

Back