Neill Blomkamp's Elysium

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it last night. I thought it was awesome. Plenty of geek moments. "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Saw this last night. Really enjoyed it but was a bit bummed that it wasn't as good as District 9. I just couldn't shake the comparisons as I watched it and I was really hoping that Blomkamp's sophomore film would be an epic masterpiece like Spielberg's CE3T, Cameron's ALIENS, and Tarantino's Pulp Fiction. I just had a sense that it would be.

I look forward to seeing it again with adjusted expectations so I can probably appreciate it more. The cinematography was astounding throughout. And just good gritty sci-fi in the tradition of 80's Cameron or Verhoeven.

Last edited:
That's actually not bad, it's 7 bucks for matinee where i'm at, hell even the dollar theater cost 3 dollars lol

I pay 4 bucks for Matinee, regular price is 6 bucks.

Dollar theater here is 2.50, but every Friday is 1 dollar only :lol

Gonna give this one another go this weekend.
Like Khev said...with "adjusted expectations" I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is.
Plus, been enjoying the "art of..."book and the score (man, the word for movie music this summer is "percussion"). So...I want to give something that doesn't have a number in the title or a superpower another chance here...

Elysium US release date, August 9. India release date, August 16. Then pushed for August 23 and now September 27. Great job Sony Pictures India, totally makes business sense.

Sharlto Copley is giving away his hero sword used during the filming of Elysium. This contest is open to American residents only. More giveaways for fans in other countries is in the pipeline.

From Sharlto Copley's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=a.457028117368.250681.108950282368&type=1

"WANT TO WIN KRUGER'S SWORD? Hi guys - i've decided to give away my beloved sword to one lucky facebook fan. Yup, it's the one and only actual "hero sword" I used in the film. We had other stunt ones, but this was the only "hero" one that I had to be careful not to damage during filming. It's made of aircraft grade aluminum. I'm sorry but due to legal issues, we are only able to offer this contest to American residents. Will have to find some more stuff to give away for other countries later. "

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SHARLTO-COPLEY/108950282368?id=108950282368&sk=app_473038836144434

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151851900327369&id=108950282368

From Sharlto Copley's FB page:

"CONGRATULATIONS TO Jon H. from Big Bend, Wisconsin - Jon is the proud new owner of KRUGER'S SWORD! Congrats Jon - sword will be on its way to you shortly."

Finally saw it, great movie, there's not much wrong with it, it just flows naturally, all the characters are just likeable, even Kruger, that despicable wicked bastard :lol

Couple cheesy bits, that last speech from Max was just corny and kind of annoying but it really payed off when I got to see the medpods descending on earth.

And awful Spanish from the non-latin actors, one might think they take the time to learn to pronounce the very few phrases correctly but nope :lol

And I wish they hadn't killed Julio that fast, he was a great supporting character, like, keeping Max grounded at all times.

Will go and see it again, definitely a full Blomkamp fanboy now.

Can't wait for D10 if it ever happens.

District 9 grouped with the Total Recall Remake?

PPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT

Forgot to post...

... what a waste of money and time it was.​

Ieu8iij.gif

Gonna give this one another go this weekend.
Like Khev said...with "adjusted expectations" I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is.
Plus, been enjoying the "art of..."book and the score (man, the word for movie music this summer is "percussion"). So...I want to give something that doesn't have a number in the title or a superpower another chance here...

Then go see gravity or captain Phillips

Just to point out that I am a huge fan of District 9, but I had no expectations of this until my co-worker told me it's almost an 80% adaptation of the manga Battle Angel Alita. So after reading the first couple of chapters of the manga, I went to watch the movie.

Yeah....It was as if they switched from having a girl to a dude.
Obviously still some differences, but yeah....

Also the parts with his childhood friend/romance was so useless. As if they had to put it because some producers wanted some romance for the lady audience. I prefered the bromance between Max & Julio :/

I think I was just sitting there thinking if Neill just wanted to make a sorta Battle Angel Alita before James Cameron since he has the rights to it.​

Back