Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm not bummed by this not going into production. Love Alien/Aliens and all but I wouldn't be disappointed if we never saw another movie in the series again.

Even though it's an alternate canon I'm curious enough after Prometheus and Covenant to see what David is going to do with all those sleeping colonists. So hopefully Scott gets to complete his new trilogy and then they lay the whole thing to rest.

The more I heard about what was possibly the story for the Bloom movie, the less I was enthused. I've pretty much written off anything direct sequel wise, and I suppose I've already invested too much time and effort to quit now and NOT see the last iteration with Ridley and his mess he's brought us to. But with each day my expectations get lower and lower for whatever Ridley can come up with.

Besides, Alien and Aliens still work on whatever screen they're on, so we'll always have them.

I disliked this concept from the get go, and some other people did too.

But it's impressive that Scott managed to fugg up Prometheus and Covenant so much that we're disappointed this movie isn't happening anymore.

Low expectations are powerful tools.

And the only other thing that'd happen is Ripley and/or Hicks die again - and bringing back classic heroes only to kill them off sucks. :monkey3

Maybe Blade Runner 2049 would have made more money if they killed off Deckard.

Even though it's an alternate canon I'm curious enough after Prometheus and Covenant to see what David is going to do with all those sleeping colonists. So hopefully Scott gets to complete his new trilogy and then they lay the whole thing to rest.

Agreed, I'd love to see the third movie and find out what happens to David and the rest of the Covenant crew.

Agreed, I'd love to see the third movie and find out what happens to David and the rest of the Covenant crew.

Surely Daniels and Tennessee will be killed by David in a way that looks like 'an accident' of some sort - I highly doubt David will let them live considering one of them knows he's the bad flute loving android.

As for the remaining colonists, well, their most likely fate is being used to produce more 'children', so it's not looking good for anyone right now.

Well "Mother" has a tendency to prematurely awaken crew members when things go wrong so maybe some of David's experiments start flatlining colonists left and right which causes her to awaken enough that can adequately put up a fight against him.

I wish they just remade alien already..
Cast a hot young ripley and give the alien a lot more screen time

I remember makin' a post about liking Brometheus and Brovenant yesterday...
Guess the Universe was not ready for such revelation and had to delete it from existence. :lol

Wow. Too bad Weaver and Biehn had to age three *more* years before the studio finally got it's act together. Hopefully it's more "BR 2049" than "KOTCS."

Sorry Khev, I jumped the gun. It's from 2015 and for some reason it popped up in my news feed.
Apologies.

Not sure if I want to react with

or

vlcsnap-2018-07-10-16h22m06s445.jpg

Not sure if I want to react with

or

View attachment 417018

Yeah. When this thread was started three years ago I was thrilled with the idea of Ripley and Hicks returning for a proper continuation of ALIENS. But then after thinking it through and going back and forth on how I feel about the canon of TFA/TLJ I decided that it would be best to just let ALIENS have it's perfect ending and ignore everything that came after. Regardless of how good the visual effects are it just won't be as cool watching Sigourney and Biehn in their 60's/70's as it was when they were in their late 20's/30's.

But then BR 2049 came along and now I'm all "well **** if they can somehow make it *that* good then sign me up," lol. Not that that would be a likely scenario of course but I can't help but feel the slightest tinge of hope.

Back