Need your input

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvel-ous

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought myself a 1:6 SideShow Vader and will get it next week. Now, I'm planning to recreate to scale a scene from ANH using this figure, including most of the environment included in that scene. The only problem is that I am undecided on the scene itself.

I am torn between the Vader-Antilles "discussion" (including 5 Stormtroopers in the background), or the final fight between Obi-Wan and Vader, at the precise moment when Vader hits Obi-Wan and he becomes one with the Force. Which one would you choose, and why? Or maybe you guys have other suggestions? Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Oh! I'm sorry! I got it wrong. Blasphemy!

Then would you please care to explain what happened to him and enlighten me please?

Obi Wan, sacrificing himself to spur Luke on, became one with the Force like Yoda would do later. This was a trick learned from Qui Gon Jinn.

Obi Wan, sacrificing himself to spur Luke on, became one with the Force like Yoda would do later. This was a trick learned from Qui Gon Jinn.

Really...I didn't know that. Wow...still learning about Star Wars after all these years. Thanks!

I always thought he was vaPOOrized :rotfl

envy200x323.gif

And in doing so, meant he could guide and watch over Luke anytime and anywhere...

Remember how Yoda disappeared? Obi-wan = same fate.

Now here is a can of worms. Why didn't Quigon or Anakin fade?

Anyhoo. I would start out with the Tantive IV scene. It looks cool if you have all the figures and it really impresses people who see it.

When yo get bored of that, switch to the Vader vs. Obi duel. Best of both worlds. Thats why 1:6 > PF. You can switch things up and get creative.

Ta u guys know nothing!! It was wind (or gas! as our american cousins call it) If you look really closely at Obi Wans face he has a quick look around closes his eyes and lets one go. The Sabers ignite the methane and puff away he goes.

Same goes for Yoda, he's old right! Less control over his bodily functions! drifts off to sleep, relaxes and pop, sparks from his fire means another jedi is Vaporized LOL. You guys call yourself fans and you did not know all this!! U look too deeply into stuff, looking for stuff that is not there. ITS WIND I TELL U lol

OK, I don't care much for the historical accuracy of Star Wars. If I want that I'll call George, alright?

I need your input on the scene I should reproduce, and why. Thanks.

OK, I don't care much for the historical accuracy of Star Wars. If I want that I'll call George, alright?

I dont much care about what scene you choose.

Why not reproduce the scene that means the most to you.

Thanks.

There your toys, it's your time. Make what you want.

Make sure you post some pics though :monkey3

Wind. Trust you Dorg! Just gotta drag every thread down to a base level... I like it! :naughty

Ok then. I thought you guys might have good ideas but I guess not. I'll go with...no wait. You guys don't give a crap. Sorry.

LOL Sorry man I am British and can not resist any opportunity to make a comedy gag about wind.

Serious stuff. Well both scenes would be amazing. I thinks the saber duel would be quite big so if you are restricted on space then I would go for the Antillies dio. You could probably do a great corner dio with that. Have a look at Anzik death star dio. It is so good.

I am in the progess of both and here are some shots of so far.

The Tantive dio is a bit on the slow side but I will get there.

Tantive2.jpg

Picture3.png

and the deathstar is just waiting for Vader to arrive (Hopefully tomorrow.)

death-star22.jpg

death-star21.jpg

Now here is a can of worms. Why didn't Quigon or Anakin fade?

There's a few theories...

-Because they were not in "peace/balance" with the force...

Or

- Qui Gon hadn't learn how to do it, in the afterlife he taught Obi 1 and Yoda about it...

- Anakin didn't learn this due to shifting to the dark side...

Back to topic!
Amazing work Dorgmal!! WoW!!! :rock!

LOL Sorry man I am British and can not resist any opportunity to make a comedy gag about wind.

Serious stuff. Well both scenes would be amazing. I thinks the saber duel would be quite big so if you are restricted on space then I would go for the Antillies dio. You could probably do a great corner dio with that. Have a look at Anzik death star dio. It is so good.

I am in the progess of both and here are some shots of so far.

The Tantive dio is a bit on the slow side but I will get there.

Tantive2.jpg

Picture3.png

and the deathstar is just waiting for Vader to arrive (Hopefully tomorrow.)

death-star22.jpg

death-star21.jpg

That already looks awesome mate. Keep at it. I'm inspired.

WOOOW I think it's really important what you choose. For me building a dio is like re-visiting my childhood. Back then I had no idea how to make or build stuff, everything was made from lego and cardboard. Now I have a bit more knowledge and I love it.

My personal choice would be the captain antilles scene. I think the background and door would be amazing and it is the first time you find out that Vader is bad to the core.....

vadersw.jpg

Back