Need some help with customization

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skulduggery76

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I ran across this youtube video a while back for the SSC Sabertooth PF. The guy mentioned using two paint application to get his achieved grey mane with the previous blond mane coming through in many parts. Anyone with this kind of paint application experience care to take a look and let me know what you would apply to achieve the same effect? I'm going to try and get mine to look similar. He mentions first using a dark than a light application in the video..what specific colors would you use and what type of paint? I'm totally new to customizing anything so thanks in advance

Last edited:
That should really be an easy custom... definitely tape him off well though, my only worry would be stray paint messing up the costume.

But as for supplies just buy a $2 tube of black paint and white paint and any soft brush to go over the mane. His description is accurate, just go over it a bit heavy the first coat (but not a lot of paint on the brush, just a solid level) with a medium grey, and then take that same grey and add white to it until you get a ligthter shade and use that as the top coat. For the second color I'd do more of a drybrush technique, and just go over the whole area back and forth with a pretty dry brush until you get the desired effect.

If you don't want any blonde showing through, just make sure the first coat gets into all the nooks and crannys and maybe even do a 2nd coat of the same color.

Oh, and the light up base idea for Nightcrawler is genius! Looks so much cooler that way :rock

Awesome, thank for taking a look at it and your suggestions. Ill post before and after pictures when i'm done and I agree the Nightcrawler light up custom makes it so much better.

I meant to mention, buy acrylic paint. Easy to use and dries quickly and not bad for clean up.

Back