Need inspiration for my first 1/6 production

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not trying to play in the big leagues yet, my talent is untested, but whatever subject I get to work on, I will give it my 100%!

I will build the figure on a Sideshow Prometheus body.

I have some Sculpey III to play with, but I'm about to order Sculpey Firm from here https://store.creative-wholesale.com/Home/tabid/118/CategoryID/325/List/1/Level/1/ProductID/736/Default.aspx?SortField=Free3+DESC%2cProductName they're the cheapest I've found... let me know if that's a good deal.

I want to avoid doing any high-profile characters that have already been done by a company, so I'm after small properties and obscure characters from major properties.

Clothing is a limiting factor to my character choices. It has to be someone that I can dress up with existing clothes and gear. I want to be able to complete the figure within a reasonable timeframe.

Without further ado, here are the contenders:

1. Nathan Drake from Uncharted (found some excellent source material from the artist) https://www.ripten.com/2007/11/30/uncharted-artists-character-models/

2. Obscure SW character unlikely to be made by Sideshow - I like classic monsters, and some of those Cantina aliens are perfect subjects. Masked humans, simple clothing, and I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun sculpting the head and hands.

3. MGS4 Old Snake in suit from graveyard scene, that is if I can find a decent 1/6 suit.. I was never too happy with Medicom's portrait, so that's my prime motive for this one.

garidan..............
17796910.jpg

:rock

That bust is awesome, as is the character. He's from the original SW, neutral, and still mysterious. Still, I have my reservations from doing this one, since it's very likely that Sideshow will do one eventually. But why not.. the outfit is simple, and that gives me time to focus on sourcing quality outfit parts to differentiate it from Sideshow's.

i think the simplicity of the sculpt would be easy to do & the aquiring of parts shouldnt be terribly difficult.
& so what if sideshow makes one?, you will have a unique version & the satisfaction knowing you made it

Drake works, I want one and it's a great game and possible movie.

Back