Need help with Anakin's glove!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, like many of you, my SSC Anakin's leather vest has deteriorated....

So, I decided to replace it, and since my original wouldn't be worth **** anymore, I said, "what the heck, let's do a full revamp!"

... So I've resculpted it, repainted it, replaced the leather and I was about to transplant it to a knock off TT. And we'll, I've heated the glove to remove it and... Nothing! It won't come off! So how did you guys who've done it removed that damn glove without tearing it or breaking the original body?

Please help! You're my only hope!:)

Great Question! I took my one off by force. It is conneced to the arm so you have to pull it very hard to break the inside connection to the arm. I put it on a different body. The best Anakin hand/Glove I have seen is the medicom one. It is not one huge stiff had and forarm. it has a seperat hand from gauntlet. Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing your revamped Anakin!

I used a bit of acetone on a q-tip. Just jam it inside and work it around. The acetone dissolves the glue. It takes some doing, but its possible.

Thank you for your reply, guys!:duff

Reading both, I think I'll use both! I'll unglue it with you method, Nate, and then, I'll separate the glove into two parts, just as James mentions when he speaks about the Medicom. Thanks again, guys for being this helpful!:D

Thank you for your reply, guys!:duff

Reading both, I think I'll use both! I'll unglue it with you method, Nate, and then, I'll separate the glove into two parts, just as James mentions when he speaks about the Medicom. Thanks again, guys for being this helpful!:D

Just soak it in hot water and itll come right off

I removed the arm and used a very sharp scalpel to cut the gauntlet off the rest of the arm. then, I glued it back on the new true type body.
You just need to be very careful, and not to break the plastic piece, which I doubt it, cause its very hard. But, you never know,

Just soak it in hot water and itll come right off

Yep, it's just glued in place... but with hot water or even force it will come off.

And then if you want to add articulation just carefully cut out the hand portion and modify the hand a bit to accept the wrist peg.

Alternatively, if you can track down the CW version, it's already a 2-part design and has 2 different golved hands... that's what I used on my personal custom. But I've also done the mod to the original for other people.

Back