Need help to restore Harley Quinn Sixth from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AIA105

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi!

I have a problem with the suit for Harley Quinn Sixth Scale Figure.

This has just been displayed for a few month since I bought it new in box, and only been posed once. However, one of the red dimonds on the suit on back of the figure have started to degenerate/smear or what it should be called just from resting on plastic tip on the edge of the stand.

I want to emphasize that the figure have not been played around with, this have happend just by its own weight by resting on the stand in a pose simular to the one pictured, where the dimond have been in contact with the stand.

I really don´t know how to procede from here, either if you can use an flat iron on low heat and something in beteende to lekt it back or to replace the dimond in all - but with what?
Like I wrote, this damage have occurred by just having the figure resting on the stand.

Picture of the damage in the link

https://instagram.com/p/BKwaH8BjpqX/

Please advice on this if you know anything that can be of help.

That sucks. I dont think there is anything you can do about that. The rubber material all of the toy companies use is a known issue with wearing down or just detereorating (ex. ED209 v1).

Imerxl: I have been on the fence of getting the statue on the second hand market to match my Poison Ivy, as that is easy the most beautiful statue I own (Hell, even my mother likes it...)

Perhapps I should rethink. Thanks for the heads up!

Murderofcrows71: That sounds like a good way. Do you think you could please name a brand of acryl latex paint? That would perhapps make it less tricky to know where to start looking here in Sweden.

Oh, and by the way - I have made a little progress in restoring it. I used the top of a shaft of a fine bruch to genlty "smear" the part that have gooed up, and then rolled the shaft over it to make it more even. Not perfect, but a start.

Back