Need Help Painting Eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if its best to have a concave, hollow eyes, when molding. Then maint it and also fill it with clear material say acrylic? The idea is to give it a in-dept look. This is for a huge 1/4 scale statue I will eventually be doing, LOL. Of course this look will only work in non-black colored eyes?

What's the beast types of paints to paint eyes with? Watercolors? acrylic?

Digging up an old thread here, but I was just looking into how people do such remarkable jobs painting eyes. Someone had posted earlier in this thread a link to someone who sold stickers, but the link did not work.

However I did find another page on the same website that contained eye stickers. Here is the link:

https://www.zotz-decals.com/decals/zotz-fx2.shtml

Eyes can make or break a paint job. The first thing people normally do when they look at a statue or model is they tend to look at the eyes first. I know I do.

My buddy Eli produces a couple of sets of eye decals ranging in different sizes. They come in monster, human and 1:1 scale. Check 'em out: https://www.zotzdecals.com/eyes.htm

Heres an example of one of the decals on this tenticle modeled by Marc Havican of Amazing Figure Modeler. They work great and look fantastic!
Build-13.jpg

My friend John put this little tutorial together for painting pupils.
It really works well. As far as painting lines, alot of
the time your just repainting the flesh tones around
the line to make the lines look smaller and neater.
Pretty dificult to get a perfect line on each convect surface.

eyetipni2.jpg

I use the tutorial below alot. I referenced it when I painted up this Black Widow kit. The results render a nice, realistic eye.

And remember, the sclera part of the eye is not white! They are more greyish/off white/egg shell color.

BW04.jpg

Eye_tutorial___an_update_by_acidlullaby.jpg

Hope this helps guys. :) :) :)

i do similar with a toothpick

Back