Need help on what to buy ! ! !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To this day, im still baffled as to why people ask complete strangers to pick something for them to buy with their money.....

i'm thinking that most of the time they've already made up their mind, but hearing opinions from other collectors gives them a bit of reassurance about their choice.

just my .02 :D

i'm thinking that most of the time they've already made up their mind, but hearing opinions from other collectors gives them a bit of reassurance about their choice.

I agree....I think people like to hear the opinions of those that own the pieces they are interested in and maybe share some pics. :D

I agree....I think people like to hear the opinions of those that own the pieces they are interested in and maybe share some pics. :D

well i dont have the PFs now whith this thread it made me change my mind and right at the last min i managed to swap my 2 PFs for another 2 statues :chew

all down to this comment

"It maybe too late, but personally I would have given Gandalf the White PF a miss and gone with Gandalf on shadowfax, from all reports its an amazing looking statue and would go very very well with the legolas/gimli one.

whatcha gettin?

swapped for ..... ( big thanks goes out to josh ) i perfer fully sculpted statues.

Gandalf the White on Shadowfax
Legolas and Gimli on Arod

So.... now with them gonna get ...

Arwen Evenstar
Aragorn at the Black Gates ( not sure if i like how good the likness is )
The Dark Lord Sauron
Saruman the White Figure ( lookin at the globe )
(possibaly Ringwraith and Steed ) im undecided
and maybe 'The Duel of Light and Fire' - Gandalf vs. Balrog

Realy undecided about the last 2

Just my opinion, but if you are getting gandalf on shadowfax and gimli/legolas on arod and maybe the RWOS, then you need the others too...Aragorn on brego and gothmog on warg. They are very impressive, especially standing together. The detail in each one is awesome!!! :D

swapped for ..... ( big thanks goes out to josh ) i perfer fully sculpted statues.

Arwen Evenstar
The Dark Lord Sauron

Arwen Evenstar
The Dark Lord Sauron

So no interest in Lurtz anymore?

Arwen Evenstar
The Dark Lord Sauron

hey better get on the wait list for the gandalf vs balrog, it's sold out now. though i'm sure alot of waitlists will get converted, then you can change your mind later when it ships, if you don't want it.

GTW on Shadowfax is pretty iconic, but not my fave statue. Sauron IS the Lord of the Rings, but my fave piece is Ringwraith on Steed. When i think LOTR, i think of John Howe's drawing of the wraith and steed peering over Bag End....
Hmm, GTW/Shadowfax FACING the wraith on steed with Sauron inbetween...actually you gotta have the ringbearer too....

So no interest in Lurtz anymore?

I'm looking for a lurtz pf at the minute.
I have been in the same position as you Raider for the last week , ended up buying the Aragorn pf from play.com and am now looking for the lurtz to go with him. I think that will be enough to represent lotr for me. :D
Good luck with getting your stuff mate.

all down to this comment

"It maybe too late, but personally I would have given Gandalf the White PF a miss and gone with Gandalf on shadowfax, from all reports its an amazing looking statue and would go very very well with the legolas/gimli one.

That was me actually, but I have a feeling you won't be sorry with the choice.
As for Aragorn, that too is a great statue, and I'd say even better once put together with the other horse ones. I personally don't think the likeness is all that bad:

2807583807_e0109c601f_o_d.jpg

But of course, its all personal opinion.

Which is the best one for aragon ? sculpt wise. i realy like the diorama but the horse sculpt will go with my others but im not 100% on the face on it

2807583807_e0109c601f_o_d.jpg

9712_press01-001.jpg

personally I would choose the dio. I'm not seeing aragorn in the face of the top one .
Both are great though and represent him well.

I just feel the dio has more kick .

I'd say you can't loose out either way...I have both the Dio and Aragorn on brego and they are both excellent. I know you were looking at some of the "rider" statues so I would probably stick with them, they make an awesome set up together...:D

Back