Need help on what to buy ! ! !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wished i not just watched the 1st movie again tonight..........

i see this getting expensive lol :horror

Yeah, no kidding. When I started and said I would only get a few. Now I own most of the older weta pieces also. Of course, I'm still buying sideshows new LOTR stuff also...:lol

Last edited:
If you want just one piece that would define LOTR you could get the Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Figure................ ohh wait, for some reason they never made one.

NEVER MIND!

how much do they go for ? is the new sideshow one with gandalf not better?

also does any one recomend Legolas and Gimli on Arod statue or are they best to get them seprate?

Haven't seen one on ebay in a while. They call them "Daddy Balrogs" because they are bigger and better than any other produced. They were running around $3K at one point :rolleyes:

and Falcon, your pics are amazing! :rock

edit: oh and I personally recommend the 1/6 hobbits. They are my favorite!

i love the Sauron statue. I'd say that one, but I am getting the Ringwraith on Steed statue on monday, so i might change my mind.

just looking and i see sideshow did a sauron looking into a small ball on a stand is that the best one?

Saruman = The White Wizard looking into "small ball" (palantír) as you put it.

Sauron = The Dark Lord of the Rings, in which the whole point of the adventure is to stop him.

Saruman the White

The Dark Lord Sauron

i love the Sauron statue. I'd say that one, but I am getting the Ringwraith on Steed statue on monday, so i might change my mind.

:cool: Awesome pickup Reinhardt.I'm also hoping to get this sometime so any pics would be great :D.

just been looking at the line up and considering getting this lot

Aragorn PF
Gandalf the White PF
Lurtz PF
Moria Orc PF
Arwen Evenstar statue
Legolas and Gimli on Arod statue

i think that would be a enough for the Lord of the rings movies realy dont wanna buy more than that, or can you guys recomend swaping one with another?

Just a word of caution on your LOTR list - The scale/size of the PFs (made by Sideshow) are different & considered BIGGER when compared to the statues (made by Sideshow Weta).

If you plan to display Arwen Evenstar statue beside Aragorn PF, the difference in scale/size will make your display look awkward... Arwen look like a "Hobbit" standing beside Aragorn :lol

well i have just bought Gandalf the White PF Exclusive & Frodo PF thanks to josh.

just looking and i see sideshow did a sauron looking into a small ball on a stand is that the best one?

do you have any better pics of legolas and gimli on arod?

I agree with legolas/gimli, its a great statue, just not small or light:

2285594284_394d6ba691_o_d.jpg

It maybe too late, but personally I would have given Gandalf the White PF a miss and gone with Gandalf on shadowfax, from all reports its an amazing looking statue and would go very very well with the legolas/gimli one.

:cool: Awesome pickup Reinhardt.I'm also hoping to get this sometime so any pics would be great :D.

Thanks bro. These are not my pics, but P1X4R's. He had mentioned that the statue is actually darker than the pics show. I can't wait till tomorrow.

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4487.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks man and sweet pics as usual by P1X4R.:cool:

Always liked Legolas and Gimli on Arod and i'm sure if i was collecting back then i would have definately picked that up along with RWOS and GOSF and quite possibly the whole rider series.Gotta be close to the best line to date.:)

What do u guys prefer,the old SSW bases or the current SS ones?

Last edited:
To this day, im still baffled as to why people ask complete strangers to pick something for them to buy with their money.....

Back