Need help in replacing hair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom Saber

Super Freak
Reaction score
Although I understand that is another thead that deals with resculpting hair, it involves sculpting over existing hair. My question is removing the sculpted hair and replacing it with new hair.

I bought a headsculpt here from a very talented sculptor a few years ago, but was disappointed of how the sculptor rushed the headsculpt - the ear is shape oddly, and the hair looks rough - it even has marks from where the plastic was injected to.

Before I plan to have this repainted by one of the many talented painters here, I want to resculpt the hair and maybe the ear.

I might have all the tools I need:

Sculptey Firm
Epoxie (have to find the other half)
sculpting tool
Dremel
Scalpels

To start, how would I remove the hair? Would it be best to use a dremel or is it to clusmy?

Also, how can I go about in making hair look as good as any retail figure? Surely it can't be that hard in sculpting hair. Thanks.

Sorry to jump onto your thread, I'm interested in doing this to a couple of heads I have. They aren't resin they are vinyl. What would be the recommended sculpting material to use to add hair ? ( I don't want to bake the head at all, a self curing modelling clay / putty would be preferred.

Rogaine.jpg

Back