How to do resculpts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yosituna

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So I'm really interested in learning how to do resculpts of existing heads, whether that is to change sculpted hairstyles, get headsculpts that are at 90% resemblance closer to 100%, or even take one head and sculpt it into another with the same base structure. I've noticed that some folks on these boards have done some pretty great resculpts, and I am curious: how do you do them?

Some of the resculpts seem pretty simple - Dremeling or cutting old hair off with an Xacto knife and then sculpting on new hair - but others seem more complex. How do y'all do facial resculpts, especially if it's not just building clay on top of the existing face? The method that seemed to make the most sense to me was casting the original heads in clay using silicone molds and then resculpting from there, but I haven't been able to find a good clay that goes liquid enough to cast even half as well as resin. (I am debating trying wax next.)

A few of the resculpting projects I'd like to do:

- Resculpt the blond Hot Toys Jake Gyllenhaal head - I think it came with TTM19? - into Cullen from Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Resculpt the Alistair (Dragon Age) and Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) heads from Threezero into something that actually resembles them
- Resculpt one of the Hot Toys Steve Rogers head into a skinny pre-serum Steve head

Any tips on resculpting?

Dremel off what you don't want and add putty or sculpy over the top. Thats what you see below.
ImmortalHead004.jpg

ImmortalHead003.jpg

head.jpg

foot.jpg

Back