Need help in making latex suit!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinwolves

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Guys!! do anybody knows how to make the mold for casting latex suit and mask for 12 inch? need some help and gudiances pls.

Hey Jinwolves. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but I've used this stuff called Plastidip. It is a liquid rubber designed for recoating tool handles after the original rubber handles wear out. It comes in spray and pourable forms and in a handful of colors. To make a rubber suit, you'd have to fill in all of the figure's joints with something like epoxy (Plastidip won't dry on Sculpy), then spray a few coats onto the figure. You can then peel it off in sections (arms, legs, torso, etc.) and you've got a rubber skin. You can paint it, but if you seal it with something like a clearcoat, it will dry out and crack. (The epoxy can be broken off, so your figure isn't ruined.) I hope that helps a little.

Something along these lines that I would like to try is to make the latex arm skin that the vintage six million dollar man figure used to have. I'm aware of a seller on ebay that already sells them although he doesn't deal outside the U.S.

Hey Jinwolves. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but I've used this stuff called Plastidip. It is a liquid rubber designed for recoating tool handles after the original rubber handles wear out. It comes in spray and pourable forms and in a handful of colors. To make a rubber suit, you'd have to fill in all of the figure's joints with something like epoxy (Plastidip won't dry on Sculpy), then spray a few coats onto the figure. You can then peel it off in sections (arms, legs, torso, etc.) and you've got a rubber skin. You can paint it, but if you seal it with something like a clearcoat, it will dry out and crack. (The epoxy can be broken off, so your figure isn't ruined.) I hope that helps a little.

hi natron! where can i get plastidip at singapore

That's a good question. In the States, you can find it at large hardware stores, like Home Depot or Ace Hardware. Do they have something like that in Singapore? The Plastidip Web site has a list of online retailers; some of them may ship internationally.

Back