Need help from the Painters on here.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havok

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys. :wave

I need some help. I want to put a Clear Gloss coat on my Black Queen Comiquette, on her outfit. Now I've tried to find some answers but I'm still confused on exactly what to use. I've been told to go the spray route over the brush on route as the brush on route could harm the paint finish and I'm just confused.

What I want to know is......What exactly should I be using to achieve what I want? I'm so afraid that I'm going to get the wrong thing and harm the statue, so I want to be totally sure I'm getting the right product. Secondly, I always figured using a brush on method would be the most accurate, so that's why I wanted to go that way. Would it really harm the paint on the statue? Is it an acceptable method to use?

So any help that you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. I really want to do this but I'm just really confused. I have an idea I might get different things that you guys use here too but if I can just find out the general type of stuff to use instead of the actual brand, that's all I need. Thanks all. :duff

It would be helpful if you knew what type of paint you were applying the clear finish to. (acrylic, oil, enamel etc...) With out knowing exactly what it is the safest way to go would probably be an acrylic based clear coat. I don't think brushing it on presents any great danger.

Yeah that's what I figured would be best, an Acrylic Clear Coat. The only problem is I'm having trouble finding that around where I'm at. About the closest thing I found was a Water-Based Polycrylic Protective Finish Clear Gloss. I don't really know if that's the right thing to use though.

Can anyone else help me? I really need as much information as possible. I've never done any kind of painting whatsoever.

I always use Varnish from "Andrea" and using a brush is OK. All marks disapear as the paint drys.

Back