Need advice from my fellow FREAKS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what should I do

• cancel some pre-orders and buy the awesome TV

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • keep all of my pre-orders and forget about the TV for now

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
tomandshell said:
What he said.

I bought a 1080p DLP set for Christmas and I'm completely happy with it. I have a 360 and PS3--both output 1080p and both look great. It's a tough decision, but if I had to choose I would want the nice TV, so that's how I voted.

DLP's are a good price, but at some point you'll have to replace the lamp. And they are much bigger than an LCD or Plasma. But the LCD technology is pretty good right now.

But remember, if you're ordering online there is a chance that it could arrive damaged and some places don't provide any coverage for that (shipping large TV's is a big risk) so go look around at stores and see what's available because then you could just bring it home or have them bring it to you without the risk that it would be shipped damaged without you being able to do anything. And get some kind of warranty deal.

Thank you all for your advice - I am leaning more towards getting a TV
Its gonna be hard to part with the Alien 3 Maquette.....Im a huge alien fan

However - I have not made up my mind as to what TV to get

You see, I really want to get an LCD just becasue I sw one in action with a 360 set up to it and it looked sick! But on the donside I heard that older game systems will look like crap on an LCD and so will normal coaxil cable TV........I have to kep in mind that I play alot of retro videogames; NES, SNES, GENESIS, Gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast..........and I have heard that these older systems look like complete CRAP on an LCD.

Do you guys know if they look ok on a DLP TV???
And are Samsung DLP's any good?

How about the Sony SRXD 50" - is this TV any good? A friend of mine has one and he says its great https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8242387&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050041&id=1168044604040

What TV would be the best for all around use of new games, old retro games, and current and HD/Blu-Ray DVD'S

I appreciate all of your help everyone!!!

oh and sorry about the double threads posted.....I dont know how that happened:confused:

Back