Action Figure NECA Ultimate Kratos - God of War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just placed 2 on order at entertainment earth for $53 shipped. I would go with bbts but don't have any pile o loot option now and shipping will be higher, toysrus no longer ships free to hawaii and my local toysrus doesn't usually carry these NECA ultimate figures.

Anyone has the PAK AND NECA version? Interested to see side by side comprison.

I use to have the PAK version but I sold it, he neca version absolutely destroys it in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, sorry meant my last pile o loot I had it shipped. Right now it's empty. Yeah, my tru sucks. They did carry some predators back then but not the ultimate series.
Retailers can be strange with the higher end figures (higher end compared to Hasbro and stuff I mean) but I feel you

I do wonder if NECA has been milking any recent molds. They re-used the original Kratos mold for so much like Dark Odyssey, Poseidon's Wrath and even did that 'angry' and 'calm' head thing, they've got a lot options here like how Gaming Heads made a Fear Kratos Bust.

23615109a27d6d64d1a25bddc4519187.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or is it a little tricky to get Kratos to stand when he has both Cestus in his hands? I guess it's the weight of them that makes it difficult to balance. His right bicep swivel has also become a bit loose due to the weight of one when moving it around but it's really nothing major as he is simply a magnificent sight to behold and a masterpiece. I'm going to pick up another anyway so I can have him displayed with his blades and give him a bit more range when NECA's dynamic stands arrive. :)

I actually bought GOW3 remastered a few weeks back. Never had a PS3 so this was my first time playing it, and what a great game it was. Platinum was pretty easy to obtain as well. My favorite boss was probably Hercules, and I was surprised to learn Kevin Sorbo from the The Legendary Journeys show provided the voice for him in the game.

Speaking of the bosses, I couldn't have been the only one who felt bad for some of the gods Kratos was savagely mutilating one by one? Plus their deaths were causing all sorts of calamities throughout the world, but nope, Kratos be like 'mah revenge is more important'. :lol

To be honest I'm not too sure where the series can go next as this was pretty much the end of the Greek gods in this story. Would a GOW game based in Norse mythology be too much of a deviation from the series? I really don't know but I wouldn't mind seeing Kratos kill Thor and Odin in the most brutal fashion. :lol

Well, they do leave a lot open at the end, like Kratos missing, and Athena still out there.

I wanna see Kratos maim Chris Hemsworth as Thor :lecture destroy the pretty boy. Hell, brutally murder Tom Hiddleston Loki too.

They certainly do leave a lot open, can't deny that and I wonder where'd they go. If they take on a new mythology, bring in a new protagonist. They could have a story like Kratos or be similar in other ways, or just be something else entirely. For the Gods, well, some of them were pricks and deserved to die. Poseidon maybe, Hades not so much because he was doing it mostly for 'family', Helios actually owed Kratos so he really didn't know what he was doing, Hermes was the biggest **** in the series and literally asked for it, Hercules was misguided as hell, Hera...well yeah, and so on. At least he left Aphrodite :lol but some of the deaths, wow. For the time, I remember people being very disturbed.

The game has a somewhat tragic element all around like an actual Greek tragedy. Zeus was overcome with fear from Pandora's Box (a quest given to Kratos by Athena) which is why he went from being an ally to an enemy after God of War 1. We felt bad for Cronos and the Titans early on but it's unclear how many of them were using Kratos. Just Gaia? What about Atlas--they seemed to gain respect for each other in part 2?

Athena was the one god Kratos sympathized with, and she ended up being the most power hungry at the end.

I'll always pity the loss of Poseidons slave girl.

Atlas's absence was very strange because he played a major part in II and Chains of Olympus. I do believe they gained respect for each other. But it seems some of the Titans, Perses and Gaia confirmed, used him. Cronos thought Kratos murdered Gaia and probably was fine with the guy otherwise. Athena turning against Kratos made me sad too, ouch. I almost feel like maybe she thought she was doing the right thing, but the evils got to her somehow.

Yup, for all her wisdom, she seemed positive that mankind needed servitude to be happy. That only someone like her can benefit mankind. And some people might say she was right. There were some very intriguing aspects that the game glossed right over. But that's what makes the mystery of Kratos' sacrifice so intriguing. Was it his last big act if defiance or was he looking at everything big-picture wise and did it for mankind. Did he really see the value in hope as a gift to mankind or just to keep it out of Athena's hands?

I've been watching old videos of the other games that I hope eventually get put on ps4. Like Kratos having to forsake his daughter again in Chains of Olympus.

Considering Kratos forgave himself, I think he did it for the sake of humanity at that point. To some extent maybe Athena is right, with mankind being so destroyed at that point.

The other thing is, there are some gods still alive clearly. Morpheus, Artemis, and so on. Probably some titans too, so something could be done.

I do remember a smile coming across his face as he disappointed Athena one last time lol

I just don't know if anybody left really could drive the storyline anymore. I want a god of war 4 but who left will have that epic feeling for the story. I think the only being who has that sheer narrative gravity is Atlas. And after killing him there would likely be nothing left lol which I guess would be a cool ending too.

I'd love to have kratos back in a non-prequel way since the events in Chains of Olympus and Ascension undermine the weight of his accomplishments in the first God of War now.

Ascension just brought it up to 11, it was absurd and the story wasn't great. And the gameplay suffered for it, for the strangest reasons :dunno Chains of Olympus was fine at times, and Ghost of Sparta didn't have an identity but was ok too, though I did notice the attempts at making Kratos overly sympathetic.

Not sure what they can do in God of War IV, I think they've considered it so there's that. They don't have room for anything else in Kratos's timeline due to God of War III happening right after II's ending. Unless they do something like a pre-Ares intervention game, which I thought Ascension was.

Maybe they do something where Kratos is, for real, stuck in Hades post-III but for the whole game and trying to find his family. Maybe some of the undead are the antagonists, and not gods but other foes from Kratos's life. Barbarian King and so on.

Ascension just brought it up to 11, it was absurd and the story wasn't great. And the gameplay suffered for it, for the strangest reasons :dunno Chains of Olympus was fine at times, and Ghost of Sparta didn't have an identity but was ok too, though I did notice the attempts at making Kratos overly sympathetic.

Not sure what they can do in God of War IV, I think they've considered it so there's that. They don't have room for anything else in Kratos's timeline due to God of War III happening right after II's ending. Unless they do something like a pre-Ares intervention game, which I thought Ascension was.

Maybe they do something where Kratos is, for real, stuck in Hades post-III but for the whole game and trying to find his family. Maybe some of the undead are the antagonists, and not gods but other foes from Kratos's life. Barbarian King and so on.
Yeah, after Kratos' brutal dismantling of the furies, Charon and persephone (and survive Atlas the first go around), his doubt and scope of defeating ares don't seem as justified now.

But that's what happens when prior success is the source of new material.
Lol pretty much. I remember after the first game that's what a lot of people thought was going to happen

My main problem with Ascension is that it was by Santa Monica, so I had much higher hopes than the PSP games which were by Ready at Dawn, and still great in their own right. But really with that scope...why did he doubt himself? Again, Chains of Olympus was fine since you could say Persephone wasn't a 'natural god' since she was mortal, while Atlas was implied to have some history with Kratos in II. The only thing was Kratos questioning Titans surviving in GoW I but maybe it was them surviving on the surface and not in Hades.

Santa Monica would never have been able to move to Christianity after Greek mythology, with how ******** the churches get over everything these days :lol but there were implications in the room between the Sisters of Fate fight, and the Loom area.

Ascension was nothing more than a multiplayer experiment with a tacked on single player. The team was interested for years in doing Multiplayer for some reason.

I'm a huge Kratos fan, so I think he needs to comeback so that his story isn't left ambiguous. Had 3 had a real definitive ending then I would be fine if they rebooted the whole thing under a new mythology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing I will say for Ascension is that it had great boss battles--some of the best in the series. The villains weren't as great as the core trilogy, but the mechanics and gameplay plus how pretty everything looked were top-notch.

I think a neat idea for a new god of war game is you play as a brand new character whom comes to power and you slay gods of a different mythology (like Egyptian) and then his story ends with kratos showing up as the "villain" and kills him.

Obviously with a more well thought-out narrative lol. But one way to close out the Kratos story is to make him come back with a nonplayable statement showdown.

Back