NECA - The Crow 15" statue - Problem with seller!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dammage7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just bought a 15" inch The Crow statue by Neca from eBay, for $195 USD.

Here are some complains, so I need your advise...how much should I ask him for a refund for: -

1. His communication sucks: very slow and few replies!
2. Slow shipping.
3. This statue was supposed to be 1000 pcs worldwide ltd., [44/100AP] AP means "Artist Proof". He did not mention that in the eBay description!
4. Unsafe packaging as you see in the first photo.
5. Broken piece (the bird's leg).

u473.jpg

hsm0.jpg

nw74.jpg

4cg8.jpg

774h.jpg

kx7u.jpg

loeq.jpg

ix0k.jpg

Also, does the statue have this "RIP Brandon" or did the seller write it himself?

Thanks for your help!

78 views and no one single reply? :pray: Please God, send me a reply!

I asked for a partial refund of 40 USD. I hope it's fair enough.

I don't think anyone wants to reply here, but I'll have a go since you're asking.

how much should I ask him for a refund for: -

1. His communication sucks: very slow and few replies!
2. Slow shipping.
3. This statue was supposed to be 1000 pcs worldwide ltd., [44/100AP] AP means "Artist Proof". He did not mention that in the eBay description!
4. Unsafe packaging as you see in the first photo.
5. Broken piece (the bird's leg).

1. 0 ...who cares, you weren't robbed
2. 0 ...who cares, it arrived
3. Aren't Artist Proof versions better? Standard edition is 1000 but artist proof edition is of 100? Am I misunderstanding something? Doesn't that work out better for you? If so .....0
4. Unsafe packaging isn't a reason to ask for a refund unless its resulted in bad damage....so .....0
5. Maybe a little here .... I don't know. Generally if the statue itself is broken I'd say yes, but the foot from the crow? Can't you simply super glue that back? Personal choice to lodge any claim here. I wouldn't, some may. If the statues head was damaged I'd say yes....

As to the pics you've listed?

Damaged styrofoam? Seriously :D ..... needing the brown shipper boxes mint is OCD enough in this hobby, needing the styrofoam mint is 2 steps too far.

A damaged box corner? Maybe you have a very small point here because it wasn't all bubble wrapped....but most people in this hobby have seen worse box damage to much better protected product. The joys of international shipping .....

Neither sideshow nor Enterbay bubble wrap their product when sending and its sent basically exactly like that...

The RIP Brandon on the bottom is quite bizarre ...if it is an artist proof edition this may have been the artist? It definitely seems like a bizarre thing for a buyer to write on there.

Really the only valid point you have is the broken crow foot. If that was broken in advance then the seller should have told you. It does seem like a very clean break and something you can fix yourself in 2 seconds though.

Are you happy someone posted a reply now ? :D

just to clarify.mine has RIP Brandon on the back/base of the headstone..mine's the 1000 worldwide not AP.
REGARDING the crow leg/foot,if the item was new,then you could ask for a small refund as it wasn't mentioned.other than that,i'd leave it or send it back for a full refund..LESS your shipping costs.

RIP Brandon is most likely referring to Brandon Lee who died during production of the Crow film, which to me personally, is a nice touch.

I would just ask for a small refund on the broken crow leg if the statue was advertised as being mint. Other than that everything else seems fine.

Thanks, guys, for confirming that this "RIP, Brandon" is originally written by Neca.

Of course I can fix the broken leg of the crow, but asking for a partial refund is a must with such a careless seller.
I think if we don't make a stand towards such people, you could be the next person to deal with such crap.

@Dammage --- you really shouldn't be complaining on this... (YOU HAVE AN ARTIST PROOF==RARE) they have regular ones selling for $300... You have an Artist Proof == more money in resale and a rarer statue...pat you self on the back for a good find and don't complain about the little thing...dented box,chipped styrofoam = :horse

The only thing I would be concerned about is the foot of the crow...but even then an artist proof for that cost... I would try to fix it myself and let it slide...

Or you can return it and let the person you sold it to know its an artist proof so they can resell it to someone else for more than the $195 they sold it to you for

It's just the broken bird leg? You got a rarer AP statue too? So the box got damaged a little.

I'd say keep the figure, if you can get a partial refund of $20 or $40 go for it, let the seller know your feedback you are planning to leave beforehand to help get the refund.

$40 is egregious. He should most certainly have let you know about the foot (unless it happened in transit and he didn't know). A$10 request would have been fair, but I wouldn't threaten with poor feedback. My goodness.

Back