NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just messing with u
you messed with my joke about disappearing clothes, ruining it :(
===========
anyway, the only way they could do it look natural was sculpting a net and painting it with the whole body. of course they didn't bother making a new giant sculpt just for one variant.
but giant scale is exactly the reason why missing net is obvious.
still - what a great torso sculpt. i'll have to wait another 50 years until HT sculptor, who started using movie references recently (what a relief after persuading his bosses that predators are an unpopular product!), will be able to do something like this.

Picked up the Ultimate Jungle Predator today. Right leg appears to be longer than the left. Will check tomorrow to see if the leg is firmly pegged in. Looks like it is, but who knows with NECA.

can't wait for the ultimate wolf and a new predalien. a ultimate scar predator should be in the works also.

6d111da7ae1ec2900fb06283a9ba2df6.jpg

dae3a45bb24e40f2d9f8a3fb8d7bcc8c.jpg

Even though I’ve got both originals I’m really looking forward to the Ultimate versions of these two

Well, I was weak. Impulse purchase ahoy! Today I found Celtic Predator, Chopper and P2 Elder Predator V2 in Forbidden Planet Dublin. As I'm a child, I had to have new toys to compensate for the boredom of clothes-shopping.

The AvPs are really great figures - apart from the quite typical leg imbalance of NECA figures these days, one foot coming down lower than the other. The sculpts look fantastic - they really do evoke what I remember seeing in the film. Paint is decent, netting hits the mark - often doesn't on P1 and P2 figures.

I will now have to check the movie to see how to accurately equip these guys, what position wrist gauntlets should be etc. Aaaand of course now I may have to track down other figures from the line. This is the problem with impulse buying - it opens up more previously unplanned purchasing. I need a masked Scar Predator at the very least. What's the rest of the line? I can think of:

Unmasked Scar
2-pack with the BD Celtic and Grid Alien
Grid Alien (individual release)
Warrior Alien
Elder
The pillar 'diorama' thing

Well, I was weak. Impulse purchase ahoy! Today I found Celtic Predator, Chopper and P2 Elder Predator V2 in Forbidden Planet Dublin. As I'm a child, I had to have new toys to compensate for the boredom of clothes-shopping.

The AvPs are really great figures - apart from the quite typical leg imbalance of NECA figures these days, one foot coming down lower than the other. The sculpts look fantastic - they really do evoke what I remember seeing in the film. Paint is decent, netting hits the mark - often doesn't on P1 and P2 figures.

FB must have found a bunch of old stock because we had pretty much the same stuff here in Southampton England. I was surprised when I saw the P2 Elder on the shelves.

The Predator trio, Grid and a Warrior was all I needed from the first movie but I am tempted to get a pair of the pillars to finish off the display.

Edit: I forgot about the temple guard ancient warrior preds. I have one of those too.

The Elder Predator V2 is a very rare find! Chopper and Celtic too! Scar is difficult to find thought. To complete the AVP you have the 3 ancient predators, the pillar and the Celtic vs Grid Alien, plus the alien warrior and grid alien warrior.

Thanks guys.

I'm sure I saw one of the Ancients in the store on a previous occasion but, even as good as it looked as I saw no point in having one of the obscure Predators when I didn't have any of the main guys. This changes things now. Dammit, it increases the backlog of stuff I want to get.

I still don't know if I'll go completist but I definitely need Masked Scar and the Aliens. I'd probably buy the 2 pack aswell. Pillars...maybe. I still have the McFarlane diorama pieces. In fact it's nostalgia for that time when McFarlane unveiled their figures that I'm buying these now (but with NECA's figures obviously being many times better)

Hi mates.

I just got the NECA Jungle Demon 7" for the 30th Anniversary. It is a great figure!. However the head articulation is really stiff. Has anyone tried the hairdryer trick on it?. If anyone has, I will really appreciate feedback, to see if it is worth to try it. Wouldn't like to break it or something. I usually do it with my NECA figures, but with this one, I feel the plastic a little bit different.

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-23 at 19.12.12(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-23 at 19.12.12.jpeg

033A03DB-580B-417B-81DC-9A6FEC1C92A2.jpg

It looks like Ahab will have the 2 & 3 blade configuration and be able to attach his Plasma caster in the down position like his later appearances. This figure is loaded with accessories.

Well, i was worried the throne was going to priced high and it is. I would have liked to have got it but that price tag has ruled it out for me.

Back