NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did. And I have plans for that Extraction Dutch with the bare hands. I want to create a version with his beige shirt open and untucked - from just after the attack on the Guerilla camp. It's the way he is when he has that exchange with Dillon and says ''she's your baggage, you fall behind - you're on your own''. It will incorporate an element of softgoods somehow - haven't quite determined how I would do it. And it might not work at all.

attachment.php
wow, that's an intricate makeup. i bet Dutch worked night and day to draw all those square dots.

I could have sworn I remember a guy asking me to post comparison pics of the new and old figures. I took the pics but hadn't gotten around to posting them as I haven't joined a new pic hosting site and uploading directly to the forum is a one at a time sort of affair.

Anyway, the pics revealed an oddity of the new Dutch figures (my samples anyway) that I didn't otherwise notice prior to taking the pics - they have a more yellowish skintone. Looks awful in the pics but thankfully it doesn't look this bad in person for some reason

Thanks for those pictures a-dev. It's exactly what I wanted to see. In conclusion, I will have to get one of the original jungle extraction figures, to match the others. The figs included in the Toyark's shoot were most likely some prototypes. I really hate these methods of marketing.

While on a road trip today I did spot the anniversary wave at two stores. I've yet to spot all 7 at retail. The jungle demon seems to be the most elusive, I've yet to see one in person.

The Dutch figures I have seen so far all look like crap to put it bluntly. They look nothing like the ones from the toyark shoot. Almost every one I have seen is cross-eyed, and the eyes look too white. They don't look as realistic as how the older versions were painted. A-dev's pics show it best. I'm very thankful that I have some of the original releases. I was looking forward to grabbing a few of these to have as spares, but not if I can't find any with good paint.

Speaking of paint, I also spotted a few ultimate jungle hunters and they looked really bad. They could have passed as bootlegs, the netting was so sloppy.

Thanks for posting those comparison pics a-dev!

I'm really happy I scored all the dutches back when they first came out. Looks like I will be passing on all except red shirt briefing dutch and the preds.

Thanks for those pictures a-dev. It's exactly what I wanted to see. In conclusion, I will have to get one of the original jungle extraction figures, to match the others. The figs included in the Toyark's shoot were most likely some prototypes. I really hate these methods of marketing.

Having just received my last 4 Dutch figures today I would have to confirm that the originals probably had better paintjobs generally.

The Jungle Disguise Dutch from this lot is terrible. One eye is turned in, the black eyebrows look stupid and he's got a black line running along his cheek. Jungle Patrol Dutch also has wonky eyes. Jungle Extraction Dutch - again, as with my other one from the anniversary wave - has his eyebrows painted too high, wtf. Annoying because otherwise he looks like he'd be good. But god forbid that there wouldn't be something to hold him back.

Anyway, at least I didn't have to pay customs. Yesterday when I was looking at the tracking it said that's where they were - usually that means I'm paying extra.

Having just received my last 4 Dutch figures today I would have to confirm that the originals probably had better paintjobs generally.

The Jungle Disguise Dutch from this lot is terrible. One eye is turned in, the black eyebrows look stupid and he's got a black line running along his cheek. Jungle Patrol Dutch also has wonky eyes. Jungle Extraction Dutch - again, as with my other one from the anniversary wave - has his eyebrows painted too high, wtf. Annoying because otherwise he looks like he'd be good. But god forbid that there wouldn't be something to hold him back.

Anyway, at least I didn't have to pay customs. Yesterday when I was looking at the tracking it said that's where they were - usually that means I'm paying extra.

That just goes to show how hit and miss the qc is with neca, i was able to find the 30th anniversary wave at tru and picked up 2 of the dutch figs from that wave - they were great. Most of the time i have to get my figs online and can't inspect them first in stores like i was able to with these figs. I wish neca would step up with their qc to make a more consistent product.

- glad you didn't get hit with customs fees A-Dev.

That just goes to show how hit and miss the qc is with neca, i was able to find the 30th anniversary wave at tru and picked up 2 of the dutch figs from that wave - they were great. Most of the time i have to get my figs online and can't inspect them first in stores like i was able to with these figs. I wish neca would step up with their qc to make a more consistent product.

It's frustrating - the originals weren't perfect either - my Jungle Encounter Dutch from that original wave has weird ghost eyes, almost reptilian (repeated on the bloodied Dutch from the 2 pack with the BD Predator). If they could only be painted in consistent directions the eyes on the new ones would be better. Some of them might even be - but odds are there'll be something else that lets the figure down.

... - my Jungle Encounter Dutch from that original wave has weird ghost eyes, almost reptilian (repeated on the bloodied Dutch from the 2 pack with the BD Predator). ...

Yep. Me too! My Final Battle 2-pack.

IMAG0567.jpg

Data eyes.

STrekDataEyes.jpg

Also, this, from Twitter:

NECATwitterPredator30thMore.jpg

More figures? I wonder what! :D

My Dutch custom, to my own great surprise, worked out reasonably well. Only some minor niggles that I wish I'd done better

IMG_6392 (Small).JPG

Anyway, it's based on this:

vlcsnap-2017-08-11-00h41m44s185 (Small).jpg

The softgoods part is cut from the Hot Toys Dutch shirt that I had spare.

It's presently ruined by the crap paint on the head - I need to lower his eyebrows.

My Dutch custom, to my own great surprise, worked out reasonably well. Only some minor niggles that I wish I'd done better

View attachment 359357

Anyway, it's based on this:

View attachment 359358

The softgoods part is cut from the Hot Toys Dutch shirt that I had spare.

It's presently ruined by the crap paint on the head - I need to lower his eyebrows.

Cool custom a-dev. The jacket looks good.

Thanks Vector. Not an essential variant by any means - I did it because I otherwise now had an inaccurate Extraction Dutch after he donated his gloved hands to another figure. Once the idea hit me I was very curious if I could make it work.

The only bummer is that I cut some of the plastic shirt off that I didn't actually need to and the re-gluing wasn't as clean as I'd have liked - also those damn eyebrows. I looked for youtube reviews of the figure to see if any of those have the eyebrow-too-high problem but it seems I've just been unlucky. I managed to get the same issue on 2 figures ordered from different stores.

Back