NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, month or 2 ago.

giphy.gif

Really cool that Dark horse is using the actual Kenner preds in their books now, I like that. Kinda helps legitimize the characters IMO

Im one of those guys that just buys every Pred they put out, but I do admit this one looks awkward. Hopefully it's just the flash, as i know I'll end up buying either way.

lol I have em all so far, I cant quit now!

There are a couple of very cool new Predators featured in the latest Dark Horse comic, Predator: Hunters.

667b4bb9280355c5b85bbd3d5573d41d.png

a8661288be71ce1d4868ff5827685b94.png

adc6c39e961d1f4c078ed313ceee92f8.png

It got me thinking about which Dark Horse Predator I'd like to be featured in that wave, since we already know that we are getting Hornhead (who I'm not really struck on) and Broken Tusk (who I'll definitely be getting).

I'd really like to see any one of the following guys be announced as the final figure in this wave.

26d360688a3ccaba9ce87cd43e6b4edc.png

083845390fa454ee52cfa3f9ce806e3c.png

46d898742682b8272de5090a5ac57077.png

953aee85d7ab8787c9cb12150149031d.png

192ee787db76ed9fa85a5cc65464eeb5.png

I guess ebay raping would be the only way, but it is terrifying to pay 70 for a bootleg...
Makes me depressed i missed out...

I wish they bootleggers would just sell them for 20....

There are some bootlegs going around $25 in those chinese sites like aliexpress, some of them even says that they are original neca figures,
you can ask them about before making the purchase, i bought a supposed original ancient warrior, and i cant tell the difference from an original one.

There are a couple of very cool new Predators featured in the latest Dark Horse comic, Predator: Hunters.

It got me thinking about which Dark Horse Predator I'd like to be featured in that wave, since we already know that we are getting Hornhead (who I'm not really struck on) and Broken Tusk (who I'll definitely be getting).

I'd really like to see any one of the following guys be announced as the final figure in this wave.

They've certainly got material for decades..

Lol. When you see a new Predator figure you like announced:

PredaWow.jpg

Anna: When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means the demon who makes trophies of men.
so that's what global warming looks like.

judging by his face expressions those gaylord strings have spikes on the inside, too.
or maybe it's just "whyyy are fans so dumb and dress me like this".

Strange, but I'm willing to bet he'll pop back up as available on TRU's site. Ive seen this happen there quite a bit.

I just came across 4 of the ultimate P1's at a local TRU too (along with the new 8-bit Alien warrior), so they definitely are getting them in.

I think Wal-Mart's site is affiliated with Amazon or something, I've always noticed they have the same or similar deals from the same 3rd party sellers on Amazon on stuff they dont carry in the stores.

Totally. Walmart tries to be amazon these days. People sell stuff through there that walmart never actually sees. Even that link clearly states "sold and shipped by NECA". In cases like that, they dont get stock, they just take a cut of the sale to be the website version of a middle man as NECA ships direct. TRU actually gets stock and sells out of their business, so they need to wait for stock to arrive.

I read that Walmart is wanting to compete with Amazon, I know that it is sold and shipped from NECA with free standard shipping or $7.99 for faster. Why would NECA offer that through third party site, than on their own sales site ?

Neca Ultimate Jungle Hunter by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found him today at TRU.

People weren't kidding about the paint smell when you open the box, good lord. Neca figures always have a smell when you open the packaging but this was 10 times worse than usual.

Overall I'm pleased. My older series 8 25th anniversary version has seen better days so I'm glad to finally have a superior replacement. He had fallen out a tree a couple years ago when I was shooting some pics (which were never posted since they didn't turn out :( ) and his wrist blades broke. No matter how many times they have been glued since they have never been the same and break again and again.

Back to the ultimate. You should compare them in the store, some had areas on the torso where the netting was sloppy. Some appeared to have warped wrist blades as well. There are some small areas on mine where I'll be touching up the paint. Especially the toenails and fingernails. Some look like they were scuffed when the figure was packaged at the factory.

The paintjob overall I do think is an improvement over the series 8 version. The armor has some great looking washes and a different sheen. The bio mask actually looks like aged metal in hand. The skin also has more contrast to it.

The new articulation is wonderful. The series 8 JH was one of the first two neca figures I ever purchased, and while I was impressed with it, the arm articulation felt lacking. All these new joints fix that for me. Plus the opening gauntlet is fantastic. So glad they finally included that feature. I'm also happy to report that the hip joints are not all loose and floppy like previous predators. In fact most of the joints feel solid. I didn't have to heat any of them either, none were stuck.

My only real disappointment is that like with the city hunter, they got lazy/sloppy with the dreadlock beads/bands. I hate how on both figures they didn't paint them all the way around, and some they didn't paint at all. I will be fixing this.

Argh, both the P2 and P1 ultimates hit my local TRUs in a flash and are gone. So odd that TRU never replenishes initial orders of NECA product anymore. They literally put out a case per store, and depending on what property it's from, it's usually gone within a week or two. I don't mind ordering online, but given NECAs hit and miss track-record on paint apps, I typically prefer in-hand purchases of their stuff.

That said, I did find an Alien Isolation xenomorph on the pegs today. It was covered in dust and something sticky, but I bought it anyway.

Back