NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimate-Jungle-Hunter-Predator-001.jpgUltimate-Jungle-Hunter-Predator-005.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing what new poses can be achieved with the new articulation.

However, upon trying to find reference for said poses, I find myself coming up short.

Seems I have in my head more dynamic poses like below, but we never actually see anything like this in the movie.

9107_press01-001.jpg

I'd like to create a tree top/branch diorama like above. I was sure there was more reference featuring the predator crouched in trees. I'm sure there is further afield than the movie.

The only poses that come close to "dynamic" from the movie are perhaps these:

Sitting.
predator-movie-screencaps.com-6336sit.jpg
Treating.
predator-movie-screencaps.com-6335treat.jpg
Trophy.
predator-movie-screencaps.com-9788trophy.jpg
predator-movie-screencaps.com-9794tree.jpg
Hanging around.
predator-movie-screencaps.com-7892.jpg
Crouched/landing pose.
predator-movie-screencaps.com-10656.jpg

The new articulation ought to make the diorama pose more doable, and the sitting/treating.

The crouch/landing pose might be the trickiest.

Also, how cool would it of been if we'd of got a backpack that opened containing the med kit! And swap out glowing wrist blades!

predator-movie-screencaps.com-6280medkit.jpg

predator-movie-screencaps.com-10154warming.jpg
predator-movie-screencaps.com-10169glowing.jpg

Some thought for custom there! :)

. . . I'm looking forward to seeing what new poses can be achieved with the new articulation.
However, upon trying to find reference for said poses, I find myself coming up short.
Seems I have in my head more dynamic poses like below, but we never actually see anything like this in the movie . . .

Sometimes you get a post on a forum that's just damn good fun to read & look at - so thanks for that! :hi5:

I've had to come to terms with the fact I will probably never have a Predator action figure that can do this pose:

predator-crouch-chris-warner.jpg

why would you want a diarrhoea predator pose?
Lol. When you gotta go, you gotta go!

nZ0YWP.gif

I've had to come to terms with the fact I will probably never have a Predator action figure that can do this pose:

predator-crouch-chris-warner.jpg

Well I like that pose. Cool picture.

I'm sure it could be done with modding, but the figure would likely not look good for any other pose after.

This shot from Predator 2 is similar actually.
p2crouch.jpg

Nostalgia song! From before I was even legal. and **** I'm 35 this year
Haha, yes, I hit repeat on that more times than I expected!

On topic..

Another image of that series 18 pred.

S18New.jpg

Most blood I've seen on a stock pred.

On that note, going off topic slightly, always thought it'd be cool if they did a bloody alien. Human blood that is. Easy, but desirable variant.
POrSwpj.gif

Easy enough to custom I guess.

On topic..

View attachment 337391

On that note, going off topic slightly, always thought it'd be cool if they did a bloody alien. Human blood that is. Easy, but desirable variant.
POrSwpj.gif

And where does this pred come from?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

On topic..

View attachment 337391

POrSwpj.gif

Is that Predator legit? It looks bloody awful, like a custom figure made from an orc base body or something.

Is that Predator legit? It looks bloody awful, like a custom figure made from an orc base body or something.

Yeah it's legit. Toyark have even revealed where he's from:
Predator-Life-and-Death-3.jpg
Click for Toyark source

He does look.. different. He almost looks like a Predator/Gamorrean cross with those horns. Adding horns seem like quite an artistic liberty to take.

I'm a movie purist when it comes to Predator stuff, and only really the first film at that.

Seems people will buy any and every variant of Predator though, so I'm sure he'll do well. Looks better masked, like the comic cover.

Thanks, I had no clue what predator he was. I agree with the above poster and think it looks bad. Maybe I'm just biased towards the look of the P1 & P2 and don't like how different it looks?

I'm sure the extreme flash isn't doing it any favors. I bet it looks better in normal light. Not good enough for me to want to buy, but just saying.

Agreed, the flash isn't doing the figure any favors but it will be an easy pass for me.

Back