NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the perfect description for that piece of fail garbage and the head is god awful totally degusting like kids painted it.

The best way to write Neca we do not want this crap.
it can not go further.
Each line is bad.

Broken joints, Bad Paint Job.

This may not be.

Neca should look for other factories and invest more in quality.
This are $ 2 figures in production.

If this continues we will never get good products from Neca.
Within the last few years Neca was getting worse.

And the saddest part is, The Sculpts are verygood and expensive for Neca.

But a good sculpt alone does not help me too.

Quality like the packaged Pictures and I am satisfied.

Randy ____ blocked me as a follower on twitter for saying these things were terrible. Good luck writing to them.

Perhaps I am just too easily pleased when it comes to the cheaper figures.
that gives me an idea - everybody who doesn't like these should all email neca and ask them why their $15 figures aren't perfect. then, post neca's responses. i'm dying to see it.
^ That's all nit picky bull____.

I think it sucks as a whole. But the head is the worst.

They should make the netting thicker. ____ accuracy for quality. Maybe that's why McF had a better paint app. :dunno
oh yeah, you're one of those guys who came here from the Spawn boards...

Perhaps I am just too easily pleased when it comes to the cheaper figures.

Same here...I dont expect much from these little guys. I think people expect to much from a $15 figure. Its just my opinion, but I mean for $15 I think they look pretty good especially Shaman. Hes a must.

that gives me an idea - everybody who doesn't like these should all email neca and ask them why their $15 figures aren't perfect. then, post neca's responses. i'm dying to see it.

oh yeah, you're one of those guys who came here from the Spawn boards...

Years ago. But that doesn't excuse that crap.

How come NECA can bust out the GREATEST FREDDY KRUEGER FROM NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND...and yet screw up Predators.

I don't understand.

And the thing is, 15 bucks is cheap. Super cheap. But for 15 bucks, I expect 15 bucks worth of quailty. And this isn't it. This is just bad.

It's frustrating because there IS a good sculpt there. Somewhere. Under all that crap.

Anybody get their replacement Elders or Classics yet? I just got my Elder today... joints are fine... It even came with all it's accessories, which I was told it wouldn't... Paint? Still the same lopsided stenciled-on spots on it's head as the one it replaced. Body colors overall are a little darker gray.

The kicker? COMPLETELY MISSING THE LEFT THIGH ARMOR. It didn't fall off in the package, it's just not there. I really want the rest of the Lost clan, but if this is how they get their QC under control, I don't know if I can spend the money on them.

Anybody get their replacement Elders or Classics yet? I just got my Elder today... joints are fine... It even came with all it's accessories, which I was told it wouldn't... Paint? Still the same lopsided stenciled-on spots on it's head as the one it replaced. Body colors overall are a little darker gray.

Still haven't gotten my Elder yet. E-mailed them about it again yesterday.

By the time they reach my hands I've usually come to terms with the $h!tty paint and can kind of tell myself 'could be worse'...but its still always disappointing the first time you see pics. 'yyyep, no miracles here - paints still crap'. What bothers me almost as much though is some figures do get pretty good paint - just not the ones I really care about. Not really any complex requirements but my Conan Temple of the Serpent figure - best paintjob I've ever seen on either a NECA or McFarlane human figure. My pride&joys, my Terminator figures - all of them range between passable to downright messy. Its annoying. What the hell created that one anomaly with that particular Conan figure? Why isn't it repeated more?

P2 is a different story, very complex skin patterns and colours but McFarlane managed a pretty decent job of it years ago. Now circumstances change and there could be legitimate reasons why a P2 figure made today gets such a cheap, amateurish looking paintjob - but its still frustrating as hell. Years ago you get a crappy sculpt with good paint, today you get a great sculpt with crappy paint :gah:

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Now, um... am I the only one who thinks the P2's head isn't bad? For that scale, it still looks better than McFarlane's attempt to me. It's not perfect, but it seems clean enough, and more so than NECA's previous Predators (most of those unmasked ones were fugly).

I guess I'll go ahead and post my list of nitpicks (or flaws, whichever tastes better going down) since that seems to be the trend:

P2-
> Netting
> Body paint inconsistency (and that semi-translucent plastic problem is way more apparent on this guy than it was on P1, since it's a lighter color)

Boar-
> Netting color (uh...)
> Mask paint apps (this wouldn't be as big a deal if the netting was better)

Hippie-
> Everthing seems cool, but since the packaged shot was a mess, I'll have to check him out in-store

Last edited:
Now, um... am I the only one who thinks the P2's head isn't bad? For that scale, it still looks better than McFarlane's attempt to me. It's not perfect, but it seems clean enough, and more so than NECA's previous Predators (most of those unmasked ones were fugly).

I'll break out the old McFarlane figure later but naw, I'm convinced that one had a much better paintjob on the head that the detail work was far better. It probably has that really thick netting but overall I suspect if we could have the McFarlane paint on the Neca sculpt we'd all be very happy.

Way I see it, you just accept things as they are today and/or have just given up that any improvement is possible in todays economy, whereas many of us others are a bit more ambitious/hopeful - we think $15 dollars should buy you more. Sorry. :dunno At the very least it should buy you a figure that doesn't snap in half as soon as you attempt to move one of the joints. Unless its free quite frankly any money you spend should get you that, a figure that does not break under no more force than it is expected by the manufacturer to be given (otherwise they'd just make these things statues, there'd be no articulation). Even Tankman agreed with that. Having to heat them up may be the reality but why should it be. Tankman himself said that its ridiculous. :huh Again you're just accepting what is and seem to be quite proud of that but sorry most other people think its absurd and shouldn't be necessary.

As to the paint - frustrations stem from the fact that other figures of this type, by McFarlane in the past and even some relatively recent NECAs seem to have decent paintjobs - not all, you did prove that in a previous discussion, but some - the Conan figure I keep mentioning (whose eyes in particular, generally a tough thing to paint at this scale, look unbelievably good) and CelticP said there was a great Freddy figure. So....why can't that be repeated on the Terminator lines? Why so comparatively shoddy? Why is the unmasked P2 looking like it is? Good paint at this scale is possible...it just isn't happening on these particular lines at this particular time and rightly or wrongly we are frustrated by that precisely because the sculpts are so good, they really deserve better.

I don't expect to convince you any more than you'll convince me but whatever, passing the time in work.

Last edited:
i remember only a few short years ago, paying $7.99 and then a little latter $9.99 for 7 inch figures, that had very good paint and very seldom qc problems.
$15 + taxes for a 7 inch figure is not chicken feed in my pocket today,but qc has sunk very low as prices have risen, and profits are still being made, even in these hard times.
i think greed has something to do with it, the profit is there, and always has been, but profit has become pure greed in some companies, and as long as we accept bad qc, nothing will ever change. we wil pay more, get less quailty.

i'm 110% pro tankman ,he is the predator king, and i think all of neca's sculpters are some of the finest imo, but i have very little love for ever who runs and actually owns neca and how they allow some of the things to happen over and over again to these great sculpts, in these factories, being bad qc.

Last edited:
Its an injustice to the sculptors. Conan for some reason has a very clean paintjob, looks as human as a figure of that size can - the usual rough skin texture notwithstanding. Any Terminator figures without sunglasses look like cartoon paint apps on a realistic-style sculpt - a contradiction. So y'know I'm not here expecting high-end paintjobs...only for it to match the best I've seen on existing low-end figures.

Last edited:
Necas is hit and miss with quality and its usually 90% miss. The prototypes always look 1000X better than what we get. I snapped so many legs and arms and parts fell off right out of the packet. They just paint over the joints and you have to use hot water and a razor to try move the joint but after all that they can still snap off at the peg because they dont cast the parts right. My 18" aliens legs snapped off at the leg pegs and i had a broken foot and the other didnt move at all and the left shoulder was loose. It would fall over and could not stand on its own for long. and the parts look all saggy and misshaped out of the packet on all their stuff. and paint slop and bad colors is standard on all their stuff. They just make bad poor quality stuff to smash up and play with. My starwars figures from the 80s are 1000% times better made in every way. And you want to pay more for the same old crap? You mad?

i'm getting masked p2 ,no matter how bad,or good the paint mite be,because i hope to have a joe dunaway pro paint job, put on it ,someday.

Back