NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironic ?

Borg and Ahaman are solid-good.
But the city Hunter is so a BIG Error.
I hope neca fixes the Paimnt Problem.

The masked City Hinter will looks bad, too, with this Body Paints .

so badass.

DSCN5737_resize.JPG

sure wish HT would make him.

Hmmm. I don't know if it was accurate or not but the paintjob on the McFarlane, I'm sorry, was better. I'd take this sculpt any day over TMP's abomination but...why can't we have the pros of both on the same damn piece!!! Thats a rhetorical question, no smart alec answers please.

I'd take TMP's over that...any day of the year. Wow.

I think they look stellar and can't wait to get them. Do I see any flaws? Nope. Have I gone over them with a fine toothed comb to see anything I dislike? Nope. Would I be happy with two of each of these bad asses? Yes sir!.

I love people acting like these are a quailty product, and anyone who has any negative views is nit picking.

That thing looks like trash. Utter trash. There probably is a great sculpt under all those caked on paint apps....but as of now, I dont see it.

If you can look past it, and enjoy it....good on you.

so badass.

DSCN5737_resize.JPG

sure wish HT would make him.

Wow... Hippie looked the absolute worst in packaging, but these new pictures make him look flawless.
Boar's netting color is just odd and P2 isn't so perfect in those close-ups, after all. I'm not bothered by the head paint apps, it's that damn netting again. They're getting closer, but it's still not all there like we thought it was.
Poseability is ace, though.

This wave is going to leave so many people bipolar, we'll just have to see what they look like in-store and make an impulsive decision then.

I love people acting like these are a quailty product, and anyone who has any negative views is nit picking.

That thing looks like trash. Utter trash. There probably is a great sculpt under all those caked on paint apps....but as of now, I dont see it.

If you can look past it, and enjoy it....good on you.
Nothing wrong with nit picking. If that's what you wanna do, then do it. I was just saying that I judge these guys at a glance's look and that they look fine to me. I don't see caked on paint, and I think that P2's head looks alright. Who am I to say that you're view is wrong and mine is right?
I agree that Hippie looks good.
I agree with you on that.

I glanced at P2's head and thought it was rather ____ty.

Agree with blade, the only thing I didn't like about Boar was the grey netting..

And although Hippie looked ____ty in the first shot we saw, he looks to be the best now..or maybe Boar..

To be honest though, I completely agree with CP about the unmasked P2..very underwhelming.

Shaman must repaimted on the Side of the Head.
I hope Tankman post Photos from all sides of the Prototypen, than we can better fixed this.

City Hunter is a big Problem.
Nothing on this is good.

Shaman must repaimted on the Side of the Head.
I hope Tankman post Photos from all sides of the Prototypen, than we can better fixed this.

City Hunter is a big Problem.
Nothing on this is good.
Nothing on these is good compared to a high end statue except the sculpt.

But you have to remember these are 15$ figures..and Boar and Hippie match the 15$ title imo, but I think they could have done unmasked P2 way better.

NP6.jpg

NP3.jpg

NP4.jpg

My supplier will get some cases of these in soon but its already looking like they are melted fifteen dollar looking crap so far. That helmet looks terrible and melted looking and the gold bands on the hair look like they are cracking or something and the open mouth suffers the same problems. And yet another example of the netting looking crappy and the black netting lines arent even painted correctly so it looks like XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. What the hell is going wrong with NECA putting out ____ like this. Hopefully Ill be able to find a couple that doesnt have these ugly defects well maybe Ill be able to find one with better netting at least but nothing is going to change that melted look. McFarlane did a super job compared with this and charged a hell of a lot less before they started making junk and it looks like NECA is going down the same dirty stinking road next to a sewage farm. Hippi looks alright so I hope I can find a good one.

Perhaps I am just too easily pleased when it comes to the cheaper figures.

By the time they reach my hands I've usually come to terms with the $h!tty paint and can kind of tell myself 'could be worse'...but its still always disappointing the first time you see pics. 'yyyep, no miracles here - paints still crap'. What bothers me almost as much though is some figures do get pretty good paint - just not the ones I really care about. Not really any complex requirements but my Conan Temple of the Serpent figure - best paintjob I've ever seen on either a NECA or McFarlane human figure. My pride&joys, my Terminator figures - all of them range between passable to downright messy. Its annoying. What the hell created that one anomaly with that particular Conan figure? Why isn't it repeated more?

P2 is a different story, very complex skin patterns and colours but McFarlane managed a pretty decent job of it years ago. Now circumstances change and there could be legitimate reasons why a P2 figure made today gets such a cheap, amateurish looking paintjob - but its still frustrating as hell. Years ago you get a crappy sculpt with good paint, today you get a great sculpt with crappy paint :gah:

Last edited:
It's clear to me.
But you look exactly the paint job.

Parts were painted with the wrong color.
E.g. City Hunter armor and body.
There have Parts, they habe been not painted .
E.g. the side of shamans Head, City Hunter dreads.
Elsewhere, The Paint is not clean .
e.g. Netting, dreadlocks, body.

I do not expect a high-end paint job.

But this should not happen.

Even 15 dollars is too much for this "crap".

I have Star Wars figures were painted much cleaner.

If only Neca would painted all parts, no unclean Paint Job and the colors were true. it would look much better.

Although there would be no high-end paint job.

I just do not understand why the color is orange on the body of city hunter?
The head is red-brown.

The armor is almost gray.

But in reality this would be a dirty bronze color.

Weathering can indeed make any himself, but the color should be solid.

I would be satisfied if the color would have the quality of the packaged images.

^ That's all nit picky bull____.

I think it sucks as a whole. But the head is the worst.

They should make the netting thicker. ____ accuracy for quality. Maybe that's why McF had a better paint app. :dunno

Back