NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That trophy case is so very cool and I want it.

Can you make up for the trophies to a suitable wall?
That would be best, because the skull does not affect only one.
Can you publish the Super Predator and Predator skull too?

I picked up the Predator 2 Elder today at TRU, exitedly I opened him right up in the car and tested the joints... and the left arm snapped at the elbow. I was careful bending it since I had read problems here, it appeared to be frozen and the pin was brittle. I went back in and received a replacement, his arm worked just fine and the rest of the articulation was tight, but not broken.

The figure itself is great and a must have for Predator fans. The articulation is the same as the Predator but he comes with a ton of highly detailed accessories. Both the sword and the musket look fearsome in his gripping hand. The netting and head could have been painted better, but for $16 I can't complain. I could easily see myself having to spend over $60 to import a figure like this ten years ago. My favorite part is the newly sculpted head, it nailed the character perfectly. I really want a 1/4 scale version of this guy (although I think he should be realesed after a P2 so the line doesn't get fatigued with the release of the Gort head version).

well here's the clan...
184176_195070613888665_122743857788008_539216_6299993_n.jpg

in all their... shrunken down... unpainted... glory?

:lol :lol

But imagine these in 1/4 glory!!! :panic:

But imagine these in 1/4 glory!!! :panic:
we'll probably have to imagine.

and i really don't see the point of making these tiny little toys unless they can be used in a diorama. i'd rather they just get made in larger scales to begin with. such a waste.

Well guess what?
Got my Elder last night from TRU. With the slightest pressure to move the elbow up ... it snaps at the peg! Outrageous! I was even SUPER careful with the elbows after reading this thread but that obviously didn't help. I'm so disappointed, NECA!

"Slightest pressure"...I call bullshat.

You got over-eager...even the worst of the stuck joints requires more than the "slightest pressure" to break.

Nope I fully believe him. Most of my T-1000 breakages were at barely a touch :dunno

I believe him as well, especially since I apparently was the first in this forum to have such a problem.

"Slightest pressure"...I call bullshat.

You got over-eager...even the worst of the stuck joints requires more than the "slightest pressure" to break.

I generally scoff at people breaking joints while freeing them as well, however I was extra careful with mine (as I read about the breaking arms) and it still snapped under very little pressure, the joint seems to be very brittle.

The second Elder I purchased didn't have any issues. I suggest opening him right up at the store to check.

NECA seems to be pumping out piss poor products. I think I'm just skipping these altogether. If you can't bend joints straight out of the package, then they seriously need to look into different production methods. Over half the people getting these won't boil them because they know nothing about it, and it shouldn't be that way to begin with. Over eagerness my ass! These are freaking toys, not high end collectibles!

They seem so concerned with accurate sculpts and double joints for better pose-ability that they seem to have forgotten to make them somewhat durable.

All we here is "what do you expect for a $15 toy?" excuses constantly. Well, the $7-10 Ben 10 figures I bought my kid never had joints break ..... ever! Even after his little sisters getting a hold of them and twisting them all around. And I never had to boil them.

So what's going to happen when half these things bought at retail have to be exchanged because of broken joints? Will distributors stop carrying these? Like someone suggested earlier, if you buy these at retail stores, I'd highly suggest opening them right there and bending the joints before leaving the store. Until you get one that doesn't crap out under slight pressure.

I so want to get these, but not having to put up with this nerve-racking crap!!

we'll probably have to imagine.

and i really don't see the point of making these tiny little toys unless they can be used in a diorama. i'd rather they just get made in larger scales to begin with. such a waste.

:exactly: :impatient:

NECA seems to be pumping out piss poor products. I think I'm just skipping these altogether. If you can't bend joints straight out of the package, then they seriously need to look into different production methods. Over half the people getting these won't boil them because they know nothing about it, and it shouldn't be that way to begin with. Over eagerness my ass! These are freaking toys, not high end collectibles!

They seem so concerned with accurate sculpts and double joints for better pose-ability that they seem to have forgotten to make them somewhat durable.

All we here is "what do you expect for a $15 toy?" excuses constantly. Well, the $7-10 Ben 10 figures I bought my kid never had joints break ..... ever! Even after his little sisters getting a hold of them and twisting them all around. And I never had to boil them.

So what's going to happen when half these things bought at retail have to be exchanged because of broken joints? Will distributors stop carrying these? Like someone suggested earlier, if you buy these at retail stores, I'd highly suggest opening them right there and bending the joints before leaving the store. Until you get one that doesn't crap out under slight pressure.

I so want to get these, but not having to put up with this nerve-racking crap!!

neca's owners don't seem to care all that much, they know about all these qc issues, they did switch to a new factory, that's seems not to know how to mold, paint 7 inch figures.there's a serious problem, that need's to be addressed quick.
it seems the sculpters care more, and they have no sayso.
i've got a 7 inch robocop on the way, i'm just praying it has no qc problems, the place i ordered it from is suppose to handpick me one with a good paintjob, but you really don't know much until you take it out of the package, what your getting.

Last edited:
I know for a fact spawn.com was selling these as late as last month because that's when I bought my first bag of them. I've now put in an email with their CS to find out if these will be offered again. They're absolutely great for these NECA figures.

I just received a response back from McFarlane CS indicating that they do not plan to offer the displays again. Damn, when I bought a bag of 15, I thought that would be more than enough. Then I found this thread and got the toy bug in me. Now I wish I would have bought more...

I just received a response back from McFarlane CS indicating that they do not plan to offer the displays again. Damn, when I bought a bag of 15, I thought that would be more than enough. Then I found this thread and got the toy bug in me. Now I wish I would have bought more...
yeah they're awesome and there's no reason NECA can't offer some of their own. but they're on ebay regularly and you can always check with your local comic shop owner and see if they can get them for you.

Back