NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The quality control on these are horrid. With the paint getting in the joints.

You can try holding them in very hot water or using a blow dryer on them. Still, be very careful.

This is why were moving these over to another more expensive place. Were sick of this stuff. Hopefully it'll be better. The China thing can be very tough at times. Other times things go right through and come out great.

This is why were moving these over to another more expensive place. Were sick of this stuff. Hopefully it'll be better. The China thing can be very tough at times. Other times things go right through and come out great.

I hope the same goes for the Terminator stuff. :pray: Had a few too many T-1000 breakages.

Did it work out?

Perfectly!
Wasn't really bad. I realize it can seem a bit daunting if it's the first time somebody buys these type of figures, but it's really not that big of a deal. I remember when I first got my McFarlane AvP predators, and every single one of them had stuck joints... I absolutely panicked, it was the first time ever it happened to me! Needless to say, I broke a couple trying to get the joints to move.
Nowadays when this happens to me (and I've had stuck joints on Sideshow figures as well!) it's really no big deal.

BTW, I know everybody has said this already, but Kyle, your work on these preds is phenomenal!

Also, I noticed that the misaligned straps on Berserker (on his chest) are probably very easy to fix, it seems the straps are a separate piece. I'm sure they could be unglued and then reattached where they're supposed to go. You can even see the small leads on the chest armor.

Anyway, congratulations! Absolutely brilliant work on these guys!

opened up my Series 2 Classic and it's missing the right shoulder armor piece. i asked NECA about a replacement and they never got back to me.

abake, please explain to me exactly how to fix the joints with warm water. I tried it and the whole thing felt so cheap, I figured I'd break if it I applied any force.

Neca's going to have to change my box to reflect the accurate points of articulation this figure has.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3tbW5Se7aI8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3tbW5Se7aI8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3tbW5Se7aI8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3tbW5Se7aI8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jeez, how did you get the legs off so easy?

I don't like 18 inch figures,and probably won't be buying this figure,but so so glad a lot of people liked it and are preordering it!specially those ones who had been waiting for years for these to come.
And i don't share most of your opinions regarding the 3 variants. I mean,NECA has done a lot of figures with interchangeable heads (not SAW franchise,however,as someby said) like ash,or Michael from Lost Boys but guys...you can't compare the cost of tooling a figure of a 6 inch human with the price of making a predator...it's fair enought they try to recover all the money the put in game when risked doing figures of preds,and that means variants.You like them? buy them all! you only like one or two? buy the ones you like,noboy is pointing you with a gun or blaming you for doing such a thing...seriously,so hard for me to see the problem here...

Jeez, how did you get the legs off so easy?

really hot water & a small amount of pulling force, I presume. That's how I took one of my classics apart.

Yesterday I went to my LCS, and they had 2 each of all the series one predators for $18, and the SDCC exclusive "stealth" berserker for $29. I figured instead of having a clear plastic berserker on my shelf, for the same price I can get the cool AVP pack coming out next month...

Well I just filled the sink with really hot water and tried again. Instead of pulling them out, I just used A LOT of force and it broke the bond. I didn't realize before, but one of the arms was stuck as well. The force method worked on that too.

so so glad a lot of people liked it and are preordering it!specially those ones who had been waiting for years for these to come.
And i don't share most of your opinions regarding the 3 variants. I mean,NECA has done a lot of figures with interchangeable heads (not SAW franchise,however,as someby said) like ash,or Michael from Lost Boys but guys...you can't compare the cost of tooling a figure of a 6 inch human with the price of making a predator...it's fair enought they try to recover all the money the put in game when risked doing figures of preds,and that means variants.You like them? buy them all! you only like one or two? buy the ones you like,noboy is pointing you with a gun or blaming you for doing such a thing...seriously,so hard for me to see the problem here...

I waiting 6 years :exactly:
For me the Pred from the first movie s the coolest and best looking Sci-Fi/horror charakter off all time.
I love this guy

Do people not use the freezer trick for stuck joints anymore? Half my figures go in the freezer after I open them, and I never have joint troubles. Pull them out when nice and cold, then ease the stuck joint until it rotates. You can't really twist the plastic to the point of breakage when it's frozen. Maybe that works better on cut joints than hinge joints though, but no issues so far over here.

Back