NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey.so the re release that i currently have has way less blue paint on the armor compared to your pic from toyark.The blue on mine is more toned down.
Excellent. The blue on the armor of the original release that I have matches exactly with what's seen on the Toy Ark photo. I've always wanted to grab a second of the City Hunter, but figured I'd wait in case of an improvement. Thanks for making me remember by sharing your photos!

Which version of the helmet do you prefer?
The newly released, more movie accurate one (left), or the first ultimate edition (right)?

ultimate-city-hunter-helmet.jpg

Wait, so there are sculpt changes/tweaks between the two ultimate CH editions? Does anyone have both by any chance?

the smooth texture on the new one is more accurate, but unsure if the structure of the mask is any closer.

picked up jh and ch at target today. only opened jh, but i'm very impressed with it - the paint, sculpt, overall proportions are awesome. it LOOKS so close to kph. i failed to pay attention to the order they were rung up, but the two dpcis are 323-07-0199 and 323-07-0200.

Looks like they used the updated 1/4 LED City Hunter mask sculpt that was smoother. Definitely not any more accurate in terms of overall shape. They just smoothed the too heavily pitted texture of the original.

Looks like they used the updated 1/4 LED City Hunter mask sculpt that was smoother. Definitely not any more accurate in terms of overall shape. They just smoothed the too heavily pitted texture of the original.

Not only that. They reshaped the cheekbones too. Check the area right under the visor, it's more angular, just like the movie prop. Plus the corrosion marks and improved copper tone.

Edit: I'm afraid I have to come up with a retraction note. Yes, they tried to upgrade the helmet design, but I must say the result is disastrous. I mean if you have enough patience with this guy and ignore things like plasma blaster, net catcher, disk spinner and collapsed staff (describing the extended one), you'll notice the horrific plastic usage which translates into some muddy details and really messy paint job. Of course he thinks this is "absolutely incredible". My personal conclusion is that, as long as there's happy customers like this, so easy to please, Neca will keep throwing junk at us.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Same idea here. The reviewer's verdict: "Neca is killing it, man!"

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi there.

I'm curious. I have seen a few reviews on Youtube for the Jungle Hunter rerelease, and to me. It seems that something on the sculpting has been redone. Not sure but JH looks sleeker. Any one has any comparission shots between the rerelease and the original one?. However I don't like how the painting came on the reissue. The eyes look cheap.

Thanks,

The ultimate Jungle and City Hunters recently got re-releases. City Hunter just dropped a couple of months ago. It's available from anywhere you would normally buy them.

I recently got one, and I can concur, they really did go overboard on the verdigris.

The ultimate Jungle and City Hunters recently got re-releases. City Hunter just dropped a couple of months ago. It's available from anywhere you would normally buy them.

I recently got one, and I can concur, they really did go overboard on the verdigris.

316c63.jpg

Had to look that up

noun
a bright bluish-green encrustation or patina formed on copper or brass by atmospheric oxidation, consisting of basic copper carbonate

Oh sweet, so the CH got an update, did Jungle Hunter by chance? ill have to find some

The paint apps on the body are good imo, JH (on the one I got at least) are all on point. There is way to much petina on the CH I got, but I got him for custom fodder anyways

Paint apps on JH & CH look pretty bad from what I saw in hand!!! At the same time NECA comes out with the brilliant apps on the Faun
Wait until you see the new Jason. It's ridiculous, especially if you got the old one to compare it with.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Back