NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just added silver on green armor.

Wow, the silver makes a big difference! You just dry brushed it on?

My set, really love these figures. The only nit pick I could have would be that Machiko’s mask goes on at too much of a downward angle. You can kinda fudge it more straight though for leaving on display.

cbead177c887b384a87fae6d3abd6258.jpg

. . . My set, really love these figures. The only nit pick I could have would be that Machiko’s mask goes on at too much of a downward angle. You can kinda fudge it more straight though for leaving on display.

Shows the size difference really well.

That bright blue plasma canon is the only thing that bugs me - they changed that from the prototype for some dumb reason. I never was going to display her with the mask so that's not an issue for me.

Thanks for the pic!
thumb2.gif

Shows the size difference really well.

That bright blue plasma canon is the only thing that bugs me - they changed that from the prototype for some dumb reason. I never was going to display her with the mask so that's not an issue for me.

Thanks for the pic!
thumb2.gif

Right on man! Agree on the plasma caster color, but I give it a pass since it’s techically comic based. Id like to see them
pump out an alien from the series to go with these guys as well!

With all the main movie preds pretty much done, these are the kind of releases I wanna see in the line (along with the rest of Dutch’s crew, which I know we’ll never get lol).

Gotta say, in todays action figure market. These feel like a steal at 23.99.

Don't remember it being a different colour to the armour though? :dunno

Still - nothing a quick paint-wash won't fix :)

Honestly I dont remember them ever showing her with a plasma caster in the original comics. NECA took some creative licence there along with the torso armor and probably a few other things. The garish colors are ok with me in general just because thats how the coloring was in those comics. But I do agree it would be better if it matched the armor instead of her rifle!

After a quick dig, it turns out that she didn't have it (or the armour of course) in the original story, but DID in "AVP War".

Colour of the plasma canon varies throughout, but this pic shows NECA's reasoning.

They did make it WAY too bright though.

image.png

Ah good find! Looks like NECA pretty much patterned the figure from this image. I actually never read War, was it as good as the first series?

d7cee95a-neca-toys-predator-series-18-70.jpg

And not a single one can stand up straight. For **** sake NECA!

It's plain for all to see right here. What way are you making these things?

Last edited:
NECA's Preds topple over quicker than Ronaldo does in a penalty area with those legs. :lol

When the big guy does come (likely next year now) and if he does have the same leg problem, it's worrying that him taking a shelf dive will collapse the entire thing. :rotfl

:lol

Funny as these jokes are I do find this annoying. Does Randy really see no issue with this? It's been a problem ever since they switched to this kind of increased articulation and they just keep pumping out these drunk figures.

There must surely be a way to fix this at production.

The leg wonkiness does suck, no way around it. Its the one really unfortunate shortcoming that NECA just cant seem to get a grip on.

Like Heavy Metal Spike said though, I never stand them straight up in a super stiff pose so the figures are still all good for me.

Back