NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any chance they might re-release the P1 Ultimate Jungle Hunter figure? The new movie has sparked my interest in getting as many figures of the original Pred as possible.

So, I picked up a 25th anniversary figure on eBay. It turned out to be a bootleg. It’s a fairly decent one though. Didn’t even actually know it was a bootleg until I started inspecting the arms and the legs a bit further. Unfinished paint on the ends of the gauntlets and completely absent black paint segments that wrap around the back of the leg armor were the dead give away, as were the almost cockroach black elbow joints.

Also, the dreads didn’t appear to be painted very adequately and even had a piece of the molding “flash” in between two locks, which I removed. I know the hip joints on the early remodel figures were always loose, but this one definitely has a bad case of it. And the loincloth heavily restricts forward movement.

Like I said though, it’s not a total loss. Just had to do a little touching up with some paints and re-glued some pieces together. I kinda like it. Sure, I’d rather have given Neca my money, but that’s why I’m asking. It goes nicely with my official P1 figures, whoever made it.

Never seizes to amaze me how people are willing to take a chance only to save a few bucks. Bootlegs are as common as the real stuff these days. The least you should do on eBay is setting item location to North America. That usually filters out 95% of the bootlegs. Then you start to inspect the pics etc to make sure.

These things aren't that expensive to begin with; save yourself the hassle – and time – and get the real thing, even if it costs a little more.

Never seizes to amaze me how people are willing to take a chance only to save a few bucks. Bootlegs are as common as the real stuff these days. The least you should do on eBay is setting item location to North America. That usually filters out 95% of the bootlegs. Then you start to inspect the pics etc to make sure.

These things aren't that expensive to begin with; save yourself the hassle – and time – and get the real thing, even if it costs a little more.
Yeah, I did that, lol. I think I got the only one not being sold in an Asian country, besides the one that was, and still is, listed at 200 something dollars.

The 25th anniversary figures are pretty old at this point and I never picked up the original Pred. I was hoping they would do a release with the 30th anniversary line, but they never did. So, I wasn’t left with much option, other than ebay.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick some are to judge the actions of others, based on unfounded assumptions. :wink1:

Maybe in another anniversary, not the same edition though.
So... in four years? :lol

Yeah, I did that, lol. I think I got the only one not being sold in an Asian country, besides the one that was, and still is, listed at 200 something dollars.

The 25th anniversary figures are pretty old at this point and I never picked up the original Pred. I was hoping they would do a release with the 30th anniversary line, but they never did. So, I wasn’t left with much option, other than ebay.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick some are to judge the actions of others, based on unfounded assumptions. :wink1

Didn't mean for it to come off as judgemental, friend. And it certainly wasn't just in response to you – the bootlegs are an issue. Wanted to share how one can safeguard against them, is all.

Regarding the Jungle Hunter, I'd recommend getting the ultimate one, released not long ago. Goes for around $80 on the bay, and probably less, in your local non-trafficked comic/toy shops.

Regarding the one you got that was sold in North America, feel free to share the seller's details here. Especially if he sold it with false pretences.

Didn't mean for it to come off as judgemental, friend. And it certainly wasn't just in response to you – the bootlegs are an issue. Wanted to share how one can safeguard against them, is all.

Regarding the Jungle Hunter, I'd recommend getting the ultimate one, released not long ago. Goes for around $80 on the bay, and probably less, in your local non-trafficked comic/toy shops.

Regarding the one you got that was sold in North America, feel free to share the seller's details here. Especially if he sold it with false pretences.
No offense taken. I was probably a little more snarky than intended. I was more poking fun at the seizure thing. :lol

Anyway, I’ve been around the ‘bay since the early days. For all intents and purposes, I think the seller might have thought it was legit? They’re from Venezuela though, so... then again, maybe not, lol. The package looked accurate to what I’ve seen in the past though. The figure is of a high enough quality that it actually fools you, upon first glance. Really, the only dead giveaway from inside the package might be the elbow joints.

It’s a shame, but you can’t really fight against it when nearly every secondary market option is a bootleg. I wonder if Randy knows how bad it’s gotten? The AvP preds are next. I guarantee it. It’s getting about that time where available stock is drying up. And once a void is left... in come the bootleggers.

Even still, Neca isn’t perfect. The one original 25th Predator I own has a warp in the mask. It was the emergence version. So, I’m guessing that could be why. Almost looks like Arnold got ahold of him in his sleep and bashed him atop the crown.

I'm sure you could get one Ultimate if you look on eBay but only if it comes from the US.

Or better yet, one of the Neca Facebook groups.

A genuine one shouldn't be hard to find.
I don’t really do the Facebook group thing. I am watching some of the ebay auctions though. Kinda high for something that was $25 at retail. I can probably just wait it out. Paying $40 to $45 wouldn’t be so bad though, I guess.

I noticed the Ultimate Jungle Hunter is going for well over $100 on amazon these days.

I feel a slight twinge of regret for not picking one up at retail. That's a hell of a price increase in a short amount of time.

But I'm actually pretty satisfied with my Kenner 2 pack Renegade homage, which I know isn't at all "movie accurate" but it matches "MY" original Predator toy, so it's good enough for me.

That is really high in price now but it's an awesome figure. I picked one up when it came out as Jungle Hunter is still my favorite predator design. I still need to get the partially cloaked version. I should try before it goes up too much.

Yeah Ultimate Jungle Hunter is a great figure. I just wish it were the size of the AvP Predator figures which I still maintain that it should be to be accurate to KPH relative to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The Jungle Demon figure is great. Watch out for the paint around the eyes though. Mine had an area I had to scrape off and blend in with paint afterwards.

I fully agree about the size of them for sure. Got to keep something for the next anniversary in 4 years I guess.

I don't think it'll even happen then because too many people (and Randy) think the Jungle and City hunters are the right size as they are now. Just, knowing where KPH's face is in that Predator head from the Behind the Scenes footage and then pretending as though there's a mini KPH inside the action figure, I just don't see enough of a height difference between where KPH's head would be and the top of the Dutch figure's head.

Even if Randy doesn't agree I wish he'd humour me and just release bigger Jungle and City Hunters as an excuse to sell more Predator figures.

I think people have gotten too accustomed to shorter predators over the years, and don't really realize exactly how tall KPH in the suit was. I got a 1:1 City Hunter bust a while ago, and my wife was amazed at how big it was, so I held it up to simulate where it would have been if it was being worn by KPH, and was pretty intimidated at exactly how tall he would have been. It was only a couple of inches from touching the roof in my hobby room.

I don't think it'll even happen then because too many people (and Randy) think the Jungle and City hunters are the right size as they are now.
of course they are the right size now!
Kevin Peter Hall - 218-220 cm (by different sources) plus predator head crown plus a bit of predator feet thickness, Bolaji Badejo -218-220 cm (by different sources) plus alien feet heels plus the top of alien head, so about same size.

JD0eUdt.jpg

so what could be the problem with predator heights? :dunno

(i know actual difference between two figures is less than that, the matter stays - human heads should almost look each other in the eye. i'm definitely keeping this pic)

of course they are the right size now!
Kevin Peter Hall - 218-220 cm (by different sources) plus predator head crown plus a bit of predator feet thickness, Bolaji Badejo -218-220 cm (by different sources) plus alien feet heels plus the top of alien head, so about same size.

JD0eUdt.jpg

so what could be the problem with predator heights? :dunno

(i know actual difference between two figures is less than that, the matter stays - human heads should almost look each other in the eye. i'm definitely keeping this pic)

I think the problem is you guys care tooooooo much ..... hahahah

The people making these things should care that much. And it is a choice they make, it's not budget. The existence of appropriately sized Predator figures proves that. I don't think it's much to ask that all Predator figures be appropriately sized. Why does the tallest guy to have played a Predator get the shortest figures? Makes no sense. :lol

There’s too many variations, the pictures above are from the comic and some are short and tall In the comic .All the predators were different , but I wouldn’t let it ruin the fun in the figure game . Holding on to the height of all this figures would be madness , there old movies .

Back