NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying you're wrong...but based on that particular comparison I don't think it proves your point at all. In fact, if anything, in that shot the abdomen on the toy looks longer than on the real thing. And I think if the toy's legs were shorter in that shot then that would look wrong.
...but your photos says that toy legs are longer.
you can open photoshop, resize one image so that its upper half would be similar in size to the suit... than compare the legs :) and it would say if proportions are wrong.

though it's obvious even to the eye and any fast measuring that they are.

a7b7bdbc411b6ba979b176490e2e0563.jpg

leg/torso ratio is 11:6.5 or 1,69

2mdqp7a.jpg

leg/torso ratio measured on Greyback is 6.5:3.5 or 1,85
as legs:torso ratio is bigger on toys, it means their legs are longer than movie variant. (measured with a ruler from my monitor, in cm)

i think that more exact measures using photoshop methods will show the same.

Last edited:
OK, but we can't talk about things being too long and yet be saying that the figure is too short. So to give it these proportions P. is talking about -

I would make his body wider - this would reduce the thunder thigh effect which I think I've seen criticised before. It would also require making the body longer and if you do that then the arms have to be a bit longer too, am I right?

Overall this might give it the extra height it needs and maybe bring the legs proportionally more in line with what P. is talking about.

but that's what i said from the beginning :)
if you make Dutch 5% smaller, he gets correct height with Predator, but looks too small in comparison (like too small head, too thin arms and so on). so Dutch is in proper scale to P1, but P1 has wrong proportions.
so it's predator's problem, he must be made taller (1 dimension) but not bigger (3 dimensions).
thus - he must get a longer body with same legs.
arms must follow as well, as you say, but even if they aren't prolonged, it won't be so noticeable, i think.

but that's what i said from the beginning :)
if you make Dutch 5% smaller, he gets correct height with Predator, but looks too small in comparison (like too small head, too thin arms and so on). so Dutch is in proper scale to P1, but P1 has wrong proportions.
so it's predator's problem, he must be made taller (1 dimension) but not bigger (3 dimensions).
thus - he must get a longer body with same legs.
arms must follow as well, as you say, but even if they aren't prolonged, it won't be so noticeable, i think.

I know you were saying make the body longer, but if you said anything about making it wider I missed it. The torso looks in proportion just to itself so if you only lengthened it I think it would throw the whole thing off. It would have to be widened aswell so as to

A) keep the internal torso proportions as they are
B) correct the proportions relative to the legs
C) still make the figure overall taller

And yeah I think if you do this the arms would have to be lengthened otherwise the hands probably wouldn't even reach the crotch.

I know you were saying make the body longer, but if you said anything about making it wider I missed it.
well, from the very-very beginning - not yesterday maybe even - i said it simply: upper half is in smaller scale than lower half.
all the rest was multiword explanation, which turned out like explaining an anecdote.

This proportion issue has always bugged me ever since I saw it. And they're still not entirely shelf-stable, anyways. It's enough for me to pass on, so that's probably a good thing. :lol

Here's my first three! I'd never thought that even collecting these could have been so satisfying! Can't wait for the others to arrive..

b2f94b755cac7fd43e4a9cbb03d504f3.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Yeah I wonder if the Preds can stand on top of them or not Can't remember if they ever stood atop of them or not

The product info says it's cast in resin, so it will probably be the same material as the trophy wall. So it should be very hefty and solid and be able to support some weight.

They never stood atop them in the film. These were the pillars that held up the ceilings. The most interaction any character had with them was when Celtic swung Grid through one.

The product info says it's cast in resin, so it will probably be the same material as the trophy wall. So it should be very hefty and solid and be able to support some weight.

Nice... Semas likes its about $40 for one pillar may be wrong though...

Ultimate JH and CH both look good, can't wait to see them finalized. The new articulation is very welcome. My JH has seen better days and I missed out on the CH so these are must haves for me.

The kenner wave is looking better and better.

Hey guys, what do you think about these stands for the 7" Predators? Sorry if I ask but I'm new to these figures.. Thanks!

98f691e4c07b7242e4ee1b6c340845b9.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Back