NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late '10 to early '11 for the original(s)? That's... SO LONG! :(

In other news, NECA's website updated with the silhouette pics just two days ago -- they're pretty late in the game. But the text that went along with the article is quite interesting:

"Today we at NECA are thrilled to show the first preview of our first line of figures based on the new Predators movie. We can't show you the faces of these beauties yet, but you can check out the silhouettes of the Classic Predator, Falconer Predator and Berzerker Predator in the column on the right. Click the image for a larger version.

More details coming soon. Predators opens July 9, 2010, and our first series of action figures hits shelves the same month."

I already posted that on the previous page.

I guess the differences between Predators' classic pred and the original one will be in the face sculpt. If you take a look to the shadow models they posted on their website, the classic is pretty much the same (pose,body,arms) as the one we saw on ToyFair (which was supposed to be the one from the original movie). However some pics of the new movie show the classic very similar to the original, so i guess it's completely accurate. I hope at least different accesories or battle damage or anything! after all, what's the point with releasing the same figure twice,on different waves? if they don't make the P1 creature worth buying it, nobody will go for it since they would have got him in wave 1,don't you think?

No, but the guy who does has told us Predators are more costly for NECA to make than their other figures, I think we're lucky enough to get all the 7" figures we'll get and if we're real lucky we might get an 18" P1 Predator, but other than that particular Pred, I don't think NECA's going to want to bother with the expense.

No, but the guy who does has told us Predators are more costly for NECA to make than their other figures, I think we're lucky enough to get all the 7" figures we'll get and if we're real lucky we might get an 18" P1 Predator, but other than that particular Pred, I don't think NECA's going to want to bother with the expense.

QFT:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

I'm perfectly happy with the 7" ones, although I wouldn't say no to a 18" P1 Predator either:lol

I'm hoping for one, I like the P1 design and the P1 figure design would look great as a large figure, but I'm just not confident in NECA rolling the dice on making one.

Hey, you an me both Maul. I'm sure the figure would sell very well, what's holding them back? The price to make the figure(s)??

Also your T-800 pics rock:clap
I just ordered T2 on blu-ray, and my figure ships on Monday:yess:

Hey, you an me both Maul. I'm sure the figure would sell very well, what's holding them back? The price to make the figure(s)??

Yes, it's about the cost of making it.

Kyle has stated that he'd love to see it done, but it's not up to him.

The higher powers have control of that decision, and if it's not cost effective, they won't do it.

Cost vs. expected sales. Even if it costs more, I'm sure they'd be up for doing it IF they felt that the sales would work out, but if they think it'll cost them more than they'll make, they won't do it. People like Kyle who just want to see cool product out there will support the idea but the bean counters have to think it a wise choice. And thanks for the kind words about my photos.

It's cool for Alien fans, but given the close ties of Alien fans and Predator fans, it might have been better to base selling an 18" Alien on whether they'd do a Predator also or not, a lot of people are going to feel like not doing the Predator after doing the Alien will suck as it'd be a highlight of many collections to have both original creatures in a large scale.

Cost vs. expected sales. Even if it costs more, I'm sure they'd be up for doing it IF they felt that the sales would work out, but if they think it'll cost them more than they'll make, they won't do it. People like Kyle who just want to see cool product out there will support the idea but the bean counters have to think it a wise choice. And thanks for the kind words about my photos.

It's cool for Alien fans, but given the close ties of Alien fans and Predator fans, it might have been better to base selling an 18" Alien on whether they'd do a Predator also or not, a lot of people are going to feel like not doing the Predator after doing the Alien will suck as it'd be a highlight of many collections to have both original creatures in a large scale.

All true facts. But what if they were to raise the price alittle? Say $49.99, its cheaper than Hot Toys's P1, and I'm pretty sure it would sell just as fast, if not faster.

Either way though, I'm still content that we're getting the amount of 7" that we are.

You're welcome man. Just curious, but how does T2 look on Blu-Ray?
I ordered the Skynet Edition, don't know if that makes a difference:lol

All true facts. But what if they were to raise the price alittle? Say $49.99, its cheaper than Hot Toys's P1, and I'm pretty sure it would sell just as fast, if not faster.

Either way though, I'm still content that we're getting the amount of 7" that we are.

You're welcome man. Just curious, but how does T2 look on Blu-Ray?
I ordered the Skynet Edition, don't know if that makes a difference:lol

I don't have a Blu Ray player yet, so I can't answer you, I just got my first HD TV a month ago :lol.

As for the figure, the 18" already sell for about $50, so raised price would be about $75-$100.

I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world, but in the U.S. NECA's sold in mall teen stores and Toys R Us and places where the majority of customers are looking to spend small cash, I'm always seeing the 12" and 18" stuff collecting dust, even some 7" but usually the crappy ones. At least here in the states, raising prices on an 18" NECA figure would likely make it even less marketable than they are already.

I'm not rooting against the idea, just from what I see in the stores, I don't feel confident about it happening. I want the 18" Predator, I don't have the CM nor will I ever spend that much on one piece, but this NECA figure would look fantastic as a large Predator in the collection and the pose would let it stand fine on its own.

Back