NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and you do? well if you did so much why are you sitting here crying over a removable mask that would look all funky when you play it on, i rather like having the bios on so taking them off wouldnt bother me, and the way btw you are saying it would ruin the design of the figure. now if they were to have two mouth pieces that you can pull out and change (one being the bio and other being the fangs) i can see why you would push for it, but its not.
It's pretty clear you're the one who's crying over the fact that I'm right :lol you also have a reading deficit, I didn't say it would ruin the design, I said the exact opposite and the removable mask wouldn't look "funkee" it would look fine, the pics prove it.

missing the point that would take up alot of time to produce all the figures too like that and those manhours turn into more money needed to pay them, id rather pay 20 for the predator i want then 25-30 to get a predator i wouldnt want ( which is like the p1 or p2 un masked

No he's not missing the point, and no it wouldn't take any longer than it takes to develop a new HS, that customizer probably did it in 5 minutes, 15 if he was wearing an astronaut suit. :lol

Having separate mouth pieces.... THAT would take time.

Last edited:
I made this piece for someone this week.
https://imgur.com/a/kyxUI

SEYUkii.jpg

5atRzhv.jpg

They are still saying a removable mask will compromise the accuracy of movie Predators so it doesn’t look like that will happen. I can see what they mean when you look at the Jungle hunter with his twitched mandible unless they are pressed close it wont fit on the head..

It could totally be done if the mandibles were removable for NECA's preds.

You can even see where the mandibles and the face connect... You can see the seam
I never understood why NECA just tried to make the mandibles come out for the mask.... IT wouldn't affect anything and you could have predators with masks.

NECA already does hand and Head swapping so it is not like it would be something new or too hard for them. a simple fact of having the mandibles not be glued on the face but make them so that they could be taken off.

NECA just wants to milk this series as much as they can. Why make removable masks when you can release two toys and charge 20 each.

Removing the mandibles is totally doable. I want to try it but I am afraid the glue would make me break the part that does into the face.

CYDZoFa.jpg

How dare they make money off movie collectibles we want so badly!!

what i hate is that they used to have toys come with different heads or accessories. Forget bases, that is a thing of the past. Neca toys will probably never come with bases again

but this whole releasing toys with different heads is ridiculous. I mean... not that long ago we would get toys like this:

4eKz7OY.jpg

If this leonidas came out today it would have 4 variants, a bloody damaged variant,
probably not bring the spear or the sword together, etc. now it is all about how they can release that same exact figure multiple times with small changes

what i hate is that they used to have toys come with different heads or accessories. Forget bases, that is a thing of the past. Neca toys will probably never come with bases again

but this whole releasing toys with different heads is ridiculous. I mean... not that long ago we would get toys like this:

4eKz7OY.jpg

If this leonidas came out today it would have 4 variants, a bloody damaged variant,
probably not bring the spear or the sword together, etc. now it is all about how they can release that same exact figure multiple times with small changes

The SDCC '12 Exclusive Ash had a base and some of the recent Terminator figs had alternate heads included.

Figure with little to no articulation = old NECA figures with 2 heads

Figure with 'new' articulation = New NECA without extra heads

4eKz7OY.jpg

Yup, it's all about milking the collector.

Figure with little to no articulation = old NECA figures with 2 heads

Figure with 'new' articulation = New NECA without extra heads

okay yeah, fair enough :lol BUT the preds should have come with removable mandibles and masks.....

Guys, a quick question.
Which NECA Dutch figure would you recommend? (not the 1/4 scale)

Thanks!

I have all except the Thermal Vision Dutch. They all have the same articulation and overall quality so it really just comes down to which look you prefer from the film. Three of them (Jungle Extraction, Jungle Patrol and Jungle Encounter) are all so similar they're almost the same figure (especially Jungle Patrol and Jungle Encounter). My personal favorite is the Jungle Disguise Dutch which is the one where he is covered in mud. It's such an iconic look for the character. Also, he comes with the coolest accessories. That said, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

All great figures but my personal fave is the naked chest one with the ammo vest. From the 'what are you gonna try next, cheese?' scene. Love the sculpting of the muscles, perhaps a callback to my childhood love of He-Man etc etc.

I bought two battle armor lost predators and both of them had loose hip joints.One of them can barely stand on its feet.One had the chest armor warped.I used the hair dryer to reshape the armor and put it under cold water after to correct the defect ,but after a few minutes the armor came back to the initial warped shape.It also had a warped visor on the helmet that looked like popeye the sailor man.The details are amazing and the paint is quite good in some areas,but the paint on the netting is missing in many places,the plastic and overall quality is low.I'm an european collector so i had to pay 80 U.S. dollars for them.I really wanted this figure for my collection,but the quality control issues left me with a bitter taste.This figure is not worth it,not even at the U.S retail price.Cheap plastic,shoddy construction,loose joints straight out of the box.I don't recommend this figure to anyone.Neca mocks its consumers with this junk and has a lousy customer service that doesn't answer to questions or complaints.

Aldaris that sucks I've opened 4 of them (for customs heads are cheaper then Masked City Hunter) and all have had tight hip joints. As for the armor heat it up and put a rubber band or wire tie around it and let it cool slowly do it 2-3 times (don't take the band off when you reheat it) and it should fix it or just superglue it in place. As far as customer serivce that's one thing NECA is the best in the business at hit'em up on Twitter and they will help you out.

Also for the visor boil and pop it off and with it hot refit it to the head and cool under cold water then glue in place.

Back