NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up series 10 today at Frank and Sons. Originally I was just going to get Hive Warrior, but after seeing the other 2 in person I just had to pick them up too.

This set is very cool! Really fun figures. I wasn't going to get these initially but after seeing them in person, I was very impressed by the overall look and paint jobs. I also love all the new tooling they put into these guys...it's very refreshing to see from all the same Pred parts we consistently get. These guys actually look like brand new sculpts even though they are still largely reused parts. I think it's the paint that helps achieve that.

NECAKenner1_zps079a05aa.jpg

NECAKenner5_zps926e78e7.jpg

NECAKenner4_zpsbe07b6c4.jpg

NECAKenner2_zpsf3d9a961.jpg

NECAKenner3_zps3b8a5d76.jpg

This set is very cool! Really fun figures. I wasn't going to get these initially but after seeing them in person, I was very impressed by the overall look and paint jobs. I also love all the new tooling they put into these guys...it's very refreshing to see from all the same Pred parts we consistently get. These guys actually look like brand new sculpts even though they are still largely reused parts. I think it's the paint that helps achieve that.

NECAKenner1_zps079a05aa.jpg

NECAKenner5_zps926e78e7.jpg

NECAKenner4_zpsbe07b6c4.jpg

NECAKenner2_zpsf3d9a961.jpg

NECAKenner3_zps3b8a5d76.jpg

I was on the fence and then I was off the fence but seeing these pics I may just jump back on these figures.

Nice pics buddy.:clap

Yeah Dutch (I only have series 8 so far) from NECA is really the best figures they have released in that scale although Freddy from NOES was also great.

I need to catch up with Predators Series 9 and 10. :gah:

Yeah - I'm starting to lean towards agreeing with you on that now.

Previously, I was fine with it - but especially with the Arnold HT figures, the cut jawline is painfully obvious. Having a one piece head & neck does limit posing options, but it does look a lot better.

Yeah - I'm starting to lean towards agreeing with you on that now.

Previously, I was fine with it - but especially with the Arnold HT figures, the cut jawline is painfully obvious. Having a one piece head & neck does limit posing options, but it does look a lot better.

I was actually only referring to the excessive bulkiness and lack of surface detail (such as veins) of the neck, the DX10 neck particularly (but the previous bodies weren't much better). Even NECA here have the ball-joint head but they managed to do a far better job of it than Hot Toys did. It doesn't **** with the likeness all that much in the case of Dutch where on the HT DX10 the profile is pretty much ruined IMO, they cut off too much of his distinctive 'power jaw' and created visible gaps.

DX10's neck is a giant cylinder with a headsculpt on top of it. Too many people sculpting the different parts and not really paying much attention to how they come together on the end product. NECA's Dutch manages to look human. There's something not right there, when a low end figure looks more natural than a high-end one.

Last edited:
Yeah, totally.

The necks on the HT T-800s do look like tree trunks. Going by that ancient bit of info, we'll see what HT' next 1/6 Dutch turns out like; whether they learn from their mistakes, or remain complacent in certain areas of their figure design.

For a new Dutch - they really should start from the ground up. Recycling the DX10 head or whatever, would just be wrong & lazy.

So which future Predator figure are you guys most looking foward too?

For me it's the updated Wolf. With the newer sculpting, articulation and openening wrist gauntlet I'm sure it will blow the old one out of the water.

Back