NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its passable, but id have to examine those figs in hand. ill stick with what neca is doing now

Well IMO the custom one in the last link is much better than the one out of production, which is often the case with custom repaints.

But the point is that if customizers can do it, NECA should be able to do it and better.

I doubt it will be removable. It will probably just be something he can hold. Mark my words.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure it won't be able to go on the figures face or anything, I just wanted a seperate helmet to place on the ground in front of my unmasked Jungle Hunter.

Well IMO the custom one in the last link is much better than the one out of production, which is often the case with custom repaints.

But the point is that if customizers can do it, NECA should be able to do it and better.

As a customizer I'd like to point out that we can achieve things that mass produced workshops cannot.

That said, I too really value having a removable mask feature. One reason I'm going to be all over the Nightsorm Predator.

Last edited:
As a customizer I'd like to point out that we can achieve things that mass produced workshops cannot.

That said, I too really value having a removable mask feature. One reason I'm going to be all over the Nightsorm Predator.

Really? How come?

Yeah, the night storm predator has too much added value just for that little piece of plastic :lol

hx6rn6.jpg

Looks not bad, but the proportions of the P1 are a bit off.
The upper body are to small, compared to the lower body.

I dont see this problem on the prototyp 2010.

A problem of the down shrunked 8" version ?

Looks not bad, but the proportions of the P1 are a bit off.
The upper body are to small, compared to the lower body.

I dont see this problem on the prototyp 2010.

A problem of the down shrunked 8" version ?

its the exact same body as the P1 and P2 two pack, series 8 and 9, looks alot better in hand

I hope in this group:

2rh4imf.jpg

What a badass group right there. They are up there with Clarence Boddicker's crew from Robocop and the Cobra Kai's from Karate Kid as the stand out badass crews from the 80's.

I hope Neca can eventually release the rest of the Predator rescue team. :pray:

Really? How come?

Yeah, the night storm predator has too much added value just for that little piece of plastic :lol

Well a customizer is responsible for each unit he or she creates. So every piece I make, I make damn sure it works as best I can make it.

Neca is responsible for thousands of units going out and that requires a workforce that can mass produce the figures for the cheapest amount of money possible.

For example, I've only bought two Neca Preds so far, a Wolf and a Big Red. The Big Red's sword holding hands don't come near fitting, they just fall right out. Also his left hip ball had some glue drip in the joint and is fused in one position. A customizer, a good one anyhow, would never let a piece ship like that. And these are simple things that shouldn't have been allowed. A helmet and face that line up is much trickier. Unless the helmet is oversized or the face in undersized. Now a customizer could do it. But mass producing something like that... maybe... but the price per unit would probably go way up. (Strong magnets -- like the ones in Sideshow boxes -- might work for that, but strong magnets are expensive to add in these circumstances.)

But I'm with you, I love removable helmets. It's the whole transformational bit.

Well a customizer is responsible for each unit he or she creates. So every piece I make, I make damn sure it works as best I can make it.

Neca is responsible for thousands of units going out and that requires a workforce that can mass produce the figures for the cheapest amount of money possible.

For example, I've only bought two Neca Preds so far, a Wolf and a Big Red. The Big Red's sword holding hands don't come near fitting, they just fall right out. Also his left hip ball had some glue drip in the joint and is fused in one position. A customizer, a good one anyhow, would never let a piece ship like that. And these are simple things that shouldn't have been allowed. A helmet and face that line up is much trickier. Unless the helmet is oversized or the face in undersized. Now a customizer could do it. But mass producing something like that... maybe... but the price per unit would probably go way up. (Strong magnets -- like the ones in Sideshow boxes -- might work for that, but strong magnets are expensive to add in these circumstances.)

But I'm with you, I love removable helmets. It's the whole transformational bit.

One way:
Step 1- Mold mask
Step 2- Mold inside of mask to fit onto face.
Step 3- Mass produce
Step 4- Please fans

NECA's way:
Step 1- Mold masked head Predator
Step 2- Mold unmasked head Predator
Step 3- Mass produce both
Step 4- Make money
Step 5- Please fans

It's not difficult, NECA just suffers from the variant syndrome. Why make a mask that fits onto the head, when you can make 2 different heads for 2 different figures? More money. Simple as that.

One way:
Step 1- Mold mask
Step 3- Mass produce
Step 4- Please fans

NECA's way:
Step 4- Make money
Step 5- Please fans

It's not difficult, NECA just suffers from the variant syndrome. Why make a mask that fits onto the head, when you can make 2 different heads for 2 different figures? More money. Simple as that.

:exactly::goodpost:

Thank you for being bold enough to say it.

That's nothing but the truth.

Having a helmet that fits doesn't really bother me. I like having closed/open mouth/ and helmeted variants all on display at once.
Having multiheads, you can only display one at a time anyway, and I can tell you I have not once ever changed the heads over on my terminators.

Add in the fact the helmet doesn't actually fit over the mandibles anyway. Everyone realises this too right? The helmet would need to be oversized and head undersized with squished up mandibles, probably wouldn't look to great next to the others. Maybe someday they will give it a shot, but it's not something I'm begging for.

I think next we'll get a P1 with glowing red blades! haha I'd buy that.

Having a helmet that fits doesn't really bother me. I like having closed/open mouth/ and helmeted variants all on display at once.
Having multiheads, you can only display one at a time anyway, and I can tell you I have not once ever changed the heads over on my terminators.

Add in the fact the helmet doesn't actually fit over the mandibles anyway. Everyone realises this too right? The helmet would need to be oversized and head undersized with squished up mandibles, probably wouldn't look to great next to the others. Maybe someday they will give it a shot, but it's not something I'm begging for.

I tried explaining this a few pages back, couldn't agree with you more, the way Neca is doing things is fine

But it's already proven that you can have a functional helmet without compromising the sculp.

Personally I like to play with my figures, pose them once, when I get tired of the pose, change it, it's the fun part, having multi versions just to have them all showing at once is just boring for me.

:exactly::goodpost:

Thank you for being bold enough to say it.

That's nothing but the truth.

One way:
Step 1- Mold mask
Step 3- Mass produce
Step 4- Please fans

NECA's way:
Step 4- Make money
Step 5- Please fans

Whatever. My only point was that customizers can pull off feats that wage slaves in China cannot.

Although I will say steps 1-4 was tried with Hot Toys' snap kits to less than satisfying results so Neca would have to do better than that.

Question for you guys on the NECA Predators, and their hip joints. I just picked up one the joints are pretty loose. I have tried clear nail polish, and it didn't do anything. I tried super glue and it didn't do anything. I tried shoving paper in there to tighten it and the paper would just slip out after moving the joint around a bit.

Advice on how to tighten this beeyatch up?

Back