NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all I could come up with. I think I spotted Albino's right hand in this frame. That's it. So we're getting a figure with just a hand on-screen for a split second.

BDE_shot.jpg

And I'm basing this hand sighting on where he is standing in this production photo below.

index.php

I'm not complaining though, I was just befuddled that I couldn't place Albino in the BDE. Now I realize that he's like BDE's Gort.

Got my series 8 from BBTS today - I'll just echo what everyone else has said, the Dutch figures are fantastic. Probably 2 of the best figures I've ever seen from NECA, an opinion formed with intense bias of course. Paintjobs make my Terminators look pretty bad though as an unfortunate side effect.

Got my series 8 from BBTS today - I'll just echo what everyone else has said, the Dutch figures are fantastic. Probably 2 of the best figures I've ever seen from NECA, an opinion formed with intense bias of course. Paintjobs make my Terminators look pretty bad though as an unfortunate side effect.

congrats, they are grand indeed.

Yeah Dutch is a great figure. Not sure which is my favorite. Really like both versions. Had no plans to get either but couldn't pass on them once I saw them on the pegs. Will definitely get the next one as well.

Can't believe I've missed this amazing line! I've just pre ordered the series 9 set, I can see me going back and getting some of the others especially the two Dutch figures, they look great!

Wow. I'm enjoying the **** out of these Dutch figures. The articulation is amazing and IMO very well integrated into the sculpts. This is how its done. I know some complained about the 'diaper' and I complained about the ball-joint neck but these are non-issues in the face of overwhelming bad@$$ery.

NECA have an ability, with some exceptions I'm sure, to make figures that jumped right out of the screen and into your hands and Dutch is one. You hear the dialogue and the music when you're looking at these figures. (granted I've got the Predator soundtrack on right now so I am in fact hearing the music)
The physique and posture on both figures is nailed, Arnie no question. The stubble is perfect, the haircut is perfect, the squinty eyes are perfect and painted much much better than on any NECA figure in quite awhile. The cigar chomping expression on the Extraction Dutch and the 'shooting in all directions' pout of the Patrol Dutch are, now that I have them in hand, perfect. The gun-toting poses you can get the figure in are perfect - either actually firing the gun or holding the weapon at ease; just plain ol' standing up straight or slowly stepping forward through the jungle, dodging his own traps.

Really, if only all human figures from NECA could be painted this well. Thats the only shame - that it puts my T-800s to shame. Hopefully the next 2 Dutch figures will come out this good aswell. I'm tempted to buy one more of each Dutch 'just in case'.

Fantastic job NECA and thanks for making this figure-dream come true. Oh if only I'd had these figures when I was a child....on second thoughts best that I didn't, who knows what condition they'd be in by now.

The facesculpt on the non cigar version is not so good. the face expression looks strange, especially the mouth/lips.

To the joints, the most joints are good integrated, but the hipjoints are not well integrated , they are very visible. With this it looks like a toy. In some poses you sea the the plastic in the joints(not the leg). It takes the realistic expression of the rest.

I can no sea some bad@$$ery when I look at the hipjoints. And the color of the pants are a little to green and plastic like glossy compare to the very nice texture of the jacket.

The facesculpt on the non cigar version is not so good. the face expression looks strange, especially the mouth/lips.

I don't know if you've seen it in person but for me any doubts I had (and I did have some) melted away when I received the figure. The expression works. Its just scene-specific to the shooting in all directions part.

To the joints, the most joints are good integrated, but the hipjoints are not well integrated , they are very visible. With this it looks like a toy. In some poses you sea the the plastic in the joints(not the leg). It takes the realistic expression of the rest..

To be honest they aren't ''very visible'' unless I turn the figure upside down to look at his crotch. And from other angles it takes very dramatic and stupid poses (that I wouldn't want the figure in anyway) to make the joints visible to a degree that might be worth caring about.

And the color of the pants are a little to green and plastic like glossy compare to the very nice texture of the jacket.

I don't see that I have to say. They're only as glossy as a solid plastic figure is going to be no matter what.

I've got my Dutch figures in 'one foot forward' poses and at most I can see a sliver of the green hip joint on the leg thats further back only. I can be a complainer about joints myself but sincerely its not worth complaining about here IMO. All the other joints are as hidden as they could possibly be and enable cool movie-poses without making the joints jump out.

The joint thing - yeah, imo, not an issue and kind of a crazy thing to complain about. I mean it is an action figure. It's going to have joints. Saying that it looks like a toy...isn't it a glorified toy? But like A-Dev said they are very well hidden.

I'd complain like a mofo if the joints were badly done. I don't subscribe to the idea that its not an action figure if it doesn't have joints. NECA figures of the past had less joints than they do now but I still called them action figures.

I just disagree with Rider on this particular figure's joints, I think they're very well done. I guess my tolerance levels are a little higher than his.

Wow. I'm enjoying the **** out of these Dutch figures. The articulation is amazing and IMO very well integrated into the sculpts. This is how its done. I know some complained about the 'diaper' and I complained about the ball-joint neck but these are non-issues in the face of overwhelming bad@$$ery.

NECA have an ability, with some exceptions I'm sure, to make figures that jumped right out of the screen and into your hands and Dutch is one. You hear the dialogue and the music when you're looking at these figures. (granted I've got the Predator soundtrack on right now so I am in fact hearing the music)
The physique and posture on both figures is nailed, Arnie no question. The stubble is perfect, the haircut is perfect, the squinty eyes are perfect and painted much much better than on any NECA figure in quite awhile. The cigar chomping expression on the Extraction Dutch and the 'shooting in all directions' pout of the Patrol Dutch are, now that I have them in hand, perfect. The gun-toting poses you can get the figure in are perfect - either actually firing the gun or holding the weapon at ease; just plain ol' standing up straight or slowly stepping forward through the jungle, dodging his own traps.

Really, if only all human figures from NECA could be painted this well. Thats the only shame - that it puts my T-800s to shame. Hopefully the next 2 Dutch figures will come out this good aswell. I'm tempted to buy one more of each Dutch 'just in case'.

Fantastic job NECA and thanks for making this figure-dream come true. Oh if only I'd had these figures when I was a child....on second thoughts best that I didn't, who knows what condition they'd be in by now.
Pics, or it didn't happen man. :lecture :D

Btw.. careful with bypassing the language filter.. I just got infracted for it. :lol

It's retarded that you can't swear but women in their underwear are all over this site.
I started ignoring the people with those types of sigs so I can read this stuff at work easier.

Anyway back to preds... Still working on the lost tribe... 2 left to get!
The dutch figures are great too!

Really? I do it all the time, every day actually.
Well.. I've been using alternate lettering for naughty words since day dot too. :huh

Not to downplay DLD's wishes or rules etc, but there are questionable things being posted all over the place in here on a daily basis as you say.

I guess they can only infract so many people at a time.. :lol

Back