NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Series 8 should be out soon. Most likely March then Aliens S1 will ship April.

Series 8- jungle extraction dutch, jungle patrol dutch and jungle hunter predator

Series 9- jungle disguise dutch, get to da choppa dutch (lol) and water emergence predator

Series 10- kenner tributes.

Love the pose from 2:19.

Not quite as impressed with the headsculpt as that reviewer, I dunno if its just the expression and that the jaw is tensed because of that but, if not, its a bit overly square for Arnold - and as always I hate ballsocket heads but I can see how it was necessary here.

All in all definitely looking forward to getting these Dutch figures, really cool despite a few niggles.

Love the pose from 2:19.

Not quite as impressed with the headsculpt as that reviewer, I dunno if its just the expression and that the jaw is tensed because of that but, if not, its a bit overly square for Arnold - and as always I hate ballsocket heads but I can see how it was necessary here.

All in all definitely looking forward to getting these Dutch figures, really cool despite a few niggles.

i wouldnt even consider buying one if not for the ballsocket head i had to pass on the arnold termintors due to having one piece head and neck

i wouldnt even consider buying one if not for the ballsocket head i had to pass on the arnold termintors due to having one piece head and neck

:lol You and me can't seem to agree on anything. Well, I don't see a problem with the one-piece. Sure you can't tilt the head without also tipping over the entire neck but I just don't think that kind of movement is generally important enough to warrant permanent obvious seperation of head and neck, gaps, jutting out areas and so on. A pose is temporary, the above isn't, you have to look at it all the time no matter what pose you've got.

:lol You and me can't seem to agree on anything. Well, I don't see a problem with the one-piece. Sure you can't tilt the head without also tipping over the entire neck but I just don't think that kind of movement is generally important enough to warrant permanent obvious seperation of head and neck, gaps, jutting out areas and so on. A pose is temporary, the above isn't, you have to look at it all the time no matter what pose you've got.

i did buy the kyle reese figre though and idk it might be just a style im used to seeing that motu dc play arts and most neca figures all have ball joints, and for custom reasons a one straight up head n neck piece is annoying.

With NECA, there's flaws to both styles. Depending on the portrait, you get gaps with a separate head/neck joint. With the single head/neck style, there are positions where the bottom of the neck looks awkward relative to the body. I think it should be about each figure's needs. With Kyle and Dutch, I see the best poses featuring a somewhat hunched over posture while aiming the gun or holding it ready for attack, and tilting the head up to spot the target, and the separate head is better for that. On the T-800 figures where upright posture and downward looking head was more suited to the character, the solid one piece works best. I trust NECA's judgment.

With NECA, there's flaws to both styles. Depending on the portrait, you get gaps with a separate head/neck joint. With the single head/neck style, there are positions where the bottom of the neck looks awkward relative to the body. I think it should be about each figure's needs. With Kyle and Dutch, I see the best poses featuring a somewhat hunched over posture while aiming the gun or holding it ready for attack, and tilting the head up to spot the target, and the separate head is better for that. On the T-800 figures where upright posture and downward looking head was more suited to the character, the solid one piece works best. I trust NECA's judgment.

yea but your forgeting that those figures werent as much articulated having staute like legs as where the other figures mentioned are more playble then just for looks/

yea but your forgeting that those figures werent as much articulated having staute like legs as where the other figures mentioned are more playble then just for looks/

Doesn't matter though, Like I said, with NECA figures, I think they do a good job, most times, of balancing articulation with given the best presentation of the character. Terminator is fairly statuesque anyway. I only mind the lack of leg articulation because they all look the same next to each other, but the poses are great for the character. Dutch benefits from more variety.

I think this is perfect for the Wave 9 Dutch, but I'll do something else with the Wave 8 Dutch figures, so the extra posability really comes in handy.

4218681_big.jpg

Sure the Terminators might be more fun with more articulation, but overall they work. I think Dutch would suffer if most of the figure looked the same for every one, small costume differences and weapon changes, where Terminator at least had damage levels and weapon changes.

I trust NECA's judgment.

I'm not feeling it on the Colonial Marines. I think its pretty needless there from both a posing and an aesthetics POV. Theres no exposed skin below the neckline where a joint would have looked too intrusive like there is with Dutch.

I'll take 'em - because I've been wanting a squad of marines since I was a child and I hope NECA is encouraged to make more of them beyond just Hicks and Hudson variants - but my purchase should not be taken as approval of those damn seperated heads.

I'm not feeling it on the Colonial Marines. I think its pretty needless there from both a posing and an aesthetics POV. Theres no exposed skin below the neckline where a joint would have looked too intrusive like there is with Dutch.

I'll take 'em - because I've been wanting a squad of marines since I was a child and I hope NECA is encouraged to make more of them beyond just Hicks and Hudson variants - but my purchase should not be taken as approval of those damn seperated heads.

as a child wouldnt the kenner figures of filled that need? i mean for back then the figures were pretty awesome , unless your like just 24ish and the line past you

as a child wouldnt the kenner figures of filled that need? i mean for back then the figures were pretty awesome , unless your like just 24ish and the line past you

Welllll, they were better than nothing. But I still would have far preferred had they been based on the movie outfits even if they didn't have the actor likeness permissions. Likewise the Terminator and Batman figures of the time - even as a kid I hated that they just made them up and couldn't just give us figures that looked like in the movies.

Welllll, they were better than nothing. But I still would have far preferred had they been based on the movie outfits even if they didn't have the actor likeness permissions. Likewise the Terminator and Batman figures of the time - even as a kid I hated that they just made them up and couldn't just give us figures that looked like in the movies.

Me too, but in the predator kenner line, I didn't mind.

Or perhaps another Arnie release after Predator 3?

hmm what? arnie will be in a new predator film? cause im sure that royce will be in predators 2 the way the movie ended, and even if he wont be the movie will still boosts the sale for the figure.

hmm what? arnie will be in a new predator film? cause im sure that royce will be in predators 2 the way the movie ended, and even if he wont be the movie will still boosts the sale for the figure.

This is just speculation of course but at this point, from a 20th Century Fox perspective, what makes more sense/money? A Predators 2 or a Predator 3 w/Arnie?

Back