NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The marines from Aliens will be an interesting test. I'm of the opinion that anyone who is a fan of both franchises would buy the P1 soldiers just as eagerly as the USCMs.
NECAs rationale of not making the others because Dutch is more popular makes as much sense as saying 'Hicks is more popular and thus we will not even consider making Hudson and Vasquez'. Why does the greater popularity of one character preclude the possibility of doing another less popular, but still popular, character?

I mean if you just can't get the actor likeness rights because they outright refuse or their fee is more than you're willing to pay for a figure of a secondary character that might not sell quite as well, just say that.

Last edited:
The marines from Aliens will be an interesting test. I'm of the opinion that anyone who is a fan of both franchises would buy the P1 soldiers just as eagerly as the USCMs.
NECAs rationale of not making the others because Dutch is more popular makes as much sense as saying 'Hicks is more popular and thus we will not even consider making Hudson and Vasquez'. Why does the greater popularity of one character preclude the possibility of doing another less popular, but still popular, character?

I mean if just can't get the actor likeness rights because they outright refuse or their fee is more than you're willing to pay for a figure of a secondary character that might not sell quite as well, just say that.

as far as i can tell hicks and hudson are the same figure about 75% if not more. none of the pred crew are even close to being that similar. it would require a lot of new tooling which is the most expensive part.

I want the team just as much as many of you, but in reality, let's say they do a production run of 20K - the hardcore fans MIGHT equal what, 5K at most? So what about the remaining 15K? Just seems like it equals a loss. The only 2 that have potential to sell are Blaine and Dillon. And that is a maybe. Plus, in order for them to be worth investing the money into them, they would need to make a few versions. I don't think there is enough variety in the characters to do this and make it worth it for collectors. Yes, blown off arm Dillon and "HOLEY CHEST!" Blaine are variants, but also something like the chest is a big piece to tool up. Can't really do much more than that. But here's hoping!

They don't need to do all these variants. Just make the team. The other 15K will sell. There's a lot of casual predator fans.

Last edited:
They don't need to do all these variants. Just make the team. The other 15 will sell. There's a lot of casual predator fans.

that's tough to say for sure though. I understand, you are speaking as a fan who would definitely buy most if not all of the team. I would too. It would be awesome. Same with the Colonial Marines. I want Drake and Vasquez. But from a business POV it is uncertain how well they will sell, since they are 2nd, maybe even 3rd tier characters.

They didn't say it was out of the question but I don't expect any miracles anytime soon. I'm fine with what they are doing and I appreciate it. That's all nuff said. Can't wait for Big Red!

as far as i can tell hicks and hudson are the same figure about 75% if not more. none of the pred crew are even close to being that similar. it would require a lot of new tooling which is the most expensive part.

Aren't they? I would have thought they'd have a lot of things in common. And NECA compromised on the P2 Elder to keep costs down, I would think they'd do the same with the P1 soldiers if they decided to make the rest of them. I dunno, I'm not looking at any screengrabs at this time, I could be way wrong, maybe they all are completely different.

Aren't they? I would have thought they'd have a lot of things in common. And NECA compromised on the P2 Elder to keep costs down, I would think they'd do the same with the P1 soldiers if they decided to make the rest of them. I dunno, I'm not looking at any screengrabs at this time, I could be way wrong, maybe they all are completely different.

i would definitely say they have a lot of different outfits and accessories, as well as placement of accessories. plus add to that different body types. I mean maybe you can get away with using dutch's body for dillon, but other than that, it's a pretty wide range of sizes. but hey, you never know, let's wait and see! :pray:

The most recent pic and info about the Big Red from Twitter
AyCEwoCCAAElN80jpglarge.jpg

BTS - the making of Big Red. Coming in Series 7 this Fall!!

Got my toysrus exclusive clear predator 1 today ,and guess what? no paint flaws, very kool figure, only drawback, the joints are weak, because of it being cast in clear vinyl. but i do like it and I do think it's worth getting.

This thread has a TON of pics...just nothing recent. :wink1:

And, since they had so many huge reveals at SDCC...we're not likely to see too much more.

HT might make one. Its almost as if they they check out what people are customising and kitbashing and then go and make one themselves.

Back