NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I love I how some of you actually seem SURPRISED that the paint apps aren't high quality on these. Every time a new wave comes out, they get a *little* better, buts it's always the same people complaining about the same things. It's like, why aren't you just expecting it by now? That's probably why I enjoy theym so much, I don't expect a $60 paint app on a $15 toy. /endrant

i don't either, but it's just stupid why they couldn't match up city hunters paint colors,and they did on boar and shaman.there's just no excuse for that.

I'm too tired to post any additional photos tonight, but in any case here's something for y'all to chew on:

comparison.jpg

Now, talk amongst yourselves.

I'm surprised I don't see more comments on these comparison pics. :dunno

I'm surprised I don't see more comments on these comparison pics. :dunno

well kyle did a great job, sculpt wise, accuarate to the poster your showing, but it needs a repaint, because the new factory couldn't match colors on it.and neca cheaped out and gave p2 city hunter a p1 gort predator accessory hand to hold the spear.

And, contrary to what Rider said earlier, the head is NOT too big on the figure.

Actually, it seems smaller than the real thing.

Proving, once again, that Rider had no clue what he's talking about.

Got the City Hunter. I have to say at least it looks slightly better in hand than in photos. Not sure if I want to keep it yet at a whopping $18 and dodgy paint app.

Oh wow that looks so cool. I'm thinking this guy really needs to be 19inches so bad. Great job on this.
You know you could make it happen.

Got the City Hunter. I have to say at least it looks slightly better in hand than in photos. Not sure if I want to keep it yet at a whopping $18 and dodgy paint app.
Please tell me this is sarcasm..

you do have a good point there in bold lol

and yeah, That's why I said, MCF was the King, because it was, it really was the best at that time, I had a lot of McF and Spawn toys, (that i sold most of them) I used to love McF... Loved it, I would love seeing the figures in stores, so Yeah ( this is the same thing I said when I was bashing McF lol)

is just kinda sad to realize how they didn't care for accurate figures and how now they just don't care at all

I can't help but crack up at some of this stuff. The truth is we use the same factories McFarlane uses and it's hit and miss on all the figures. If Spawn fans think McFarlane paint was so nice go back and look at the P1 7 inch and 12 inch figures. I remember wanting to cry at how bad the painting was. The McFarlane P1 is the worst painted Predator figure ever. As far as Todd goes I'm very grateful he came around and gave fans like me the toys we always wanted. The first two years working there was so much fun and I met my buddy Randy there and the rest is history. Todd really wasn't the one that let the Predators and Alien go inaccurate. It was the guys running the NJ office and they could care less about the cool monster stuff. They are sports nuts like Todd and most every talented person there can tell you what it was like working for them. To give funs an idea most of us moved on for a reason even though it should have been a dream job. We didn't want to but you can only take so much. It's sad really because Todd is off in AZ and has no idea how much of his money has been such a waist. Now the NJ office is betting on computer sculpting and in my opinion the stuff doesn't look as good as it did. It's sad really to see where Todd is now from where he was.

I'll be the first to admit at times things suck with us like Elder snapping off at the elbows. It's a constant fight with China to get our stuff the way we want it. SS goes through the same stuff with there 400 dollar statues. Still though I think to myself for 17 dollars these figures are great and as a huge P2 fan I'm very happy to see an accurate P2 for the first time in toy form. The NJ office knew I was a huge fan of Predator and Alien and I knew there were fans like myself that wanted accurate toys of these great characters. I would say I joined McFarlane mainly to see these guys get made and when the time came I was told you're too nuts about these monsters and only a few wackos would care at all if they're accurate. I had to stand by and watch unseasoned sculptors hack the Queen, P2, Alien 3 into the figures they are. I watched my 18 inch Predator that I worked on for two years on my own time get ruined and re sculpted by who cares sculptors. All this after I was promised to let McFarlane show my sculpture at Toy Fair and I'd get it back to be finished. Toy Fair ended and then I was told sorry dude but we're going to finish it and you're too nuts about making it accurate. I also never got paid for all the many hours work that was done on my own time. I was also told Stan Winston's artist really didn't do good work and McFarlane guys would make it look the way it should have in the first place. Total disrespect to a multi academy award winner and legend. For me I was way more a Stan Winston fan than a Todd fan and I chose the right thing to do and that was move on to a company that let me do things the Winston way and not the Todd NJ office way. It's been a great joy for us at NECA to try and right a wrong and give fans the great stuff Stan Winston put out in the best times of Hollywood monster flicks.
I will add though thanks to Todd for taking toys in a direction that lead fans like myself back into wanting to hit Toys are Us and get such cool stuff. Joining his company also gave me and others a fun career. Most of us that worked there and moved on are really good friends still. We just sake our heads at where McFarlane is now days.

I'm not an Alien 3 or 4 fan but I'd like us to take those on because we'd go accurate and Alien3 would benefit big time from our new ways of doing articulation. For myself I'd love to take on the Queen and give fans a very accurate Queen. Heck doing AVP might not be such a bad idea. It seems fans can't get enough Predator. Fingers crossed one day we'll do a 19 inch P2. The sculpt took many many hours and it deserves the 19 inch treatment.
It's also nice to see these series 4 Pred 2 figures aren't falling apart like series 3. As a fan myself I can't wait to see series 5 and 6. As a Predator fan it's a very nice time between us HT, NECA and SS to see all the cool figures being made. I'd love to see what EB would do with Predator and Alien at 1/4th scale.
I know for some fans it's frustrating to see our sculpts get turned into cheap toys and all but that's what we make and go for. There are many more fans out there that will go for the cheaper figure than say HT or SS. We'll fill that void and maybe someday we'll go more high end. It would be great to see this P2 get a HT type of paint job.

Last edited:
too bad the stupid new factory ,couldn't match the colors like this.

Yeah I wish it was better but it would cost 30 bucks or more. I know some fans would pay that but not the majority of those that pass through Toys are Us and say oh wow look I want this. In China more and more of the factories are not wanting to take these figures on and there are little choses t where to go. It's just the way things are.

Why couldn't it look half as good as this? WHY??!!! :panic:[/QUOT

Because that was done by a great custom painter and not a 21 year old girl sitting on an assembly line trying to paint thousands of figures a week. This custom does show of the sculpture that is there. WOW.

Yeah I wish it was better but it would cost 30 bucks or more. I know some fans would pay that but not the majority of those that pass through Toys are Us and say oh wow look I want this. In China more and more of the factories are not wanting to take these figures on and there are little choses t where to go. It's just the way things are.

i'm talking about matching the colors with the paint they already used on the released city hunter,if they would have painted the chest same colors ,as the legs, at least it would have matched, they matched the colors on boar and shaman, how blind and dumb are they????

Back