NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hairdryers work too, but hot (not boiling) water is easier and faster in my experience. the water evenly heats everything simultaneously and gets in all the cracks and makes disassembling/reassembling go smoother. the heads are easy to swap without heating them though. just about everything else takes heat and elbow grease to get apart.

as far as how hot the water should get, just keep in mind you're gonna be handling the heated parts. so as hot as you can tolerate and enough to get the plastic soft. i wouldn't try boiling hot.

And how long do you let them sit in the water before pulling them out? 30 seconds?

depends on how hot the water is. just until the plastic feels softer. anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds should be enough.

depends on how hot the water is. just until the plastic feels softer. anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds should be enough.

Thanks for the advice! And if anyone feels up to making a youtube video showing how to disassemble a Predator, that would be awesome to see.

Also beware, the bottom of the pot can get really hot and melt the plastic. One of my Hasbro Stormies found that out the hard way lol. What I usually do now days is put some water in a large mug and put it in the microwave (on high) for about 2 mins. Then after I take the water out, put the figure in the mug and let it sit there for about 30 to 40 seconds and by then the plastic is usually soft enough to work with.

Arms as well? Is there perhaps a video on youtube somewhere demonstrating how easy it is to remove the heads? I'm just kind of cautious about doing it myself without seeing it demonstrated first.

the heads pop off easy, hold the body with 1 hand and pull up on the head and it pops right off, you don't have to heat the neck or head to get it off. but you will need to heat the arms and legs etc.to get them off safely.

always soak your NECA figures in hot water before testing the joints. as soon as i get mine, i put a pot of water on the stove and let it heat up while i'm taking them out of the package. then i just throw them in and take them out. usually, i'll completely disassemble them and put them back together just to make sure none of the joints are painted over. i've been doing that since the McFarlane days.

That is sound advise bro, but I don't now if it's gonna help with classic here. Something seriously wrong with the elbow joints on this particular figure.

I've had thousands of figures in my grubby hands, and I've never come across something that broke as easily as these did. Like KoBE said in his post, just barely tried to move it without any force at all. There wasn't any paint stuck or anything like that, it was just an extremely weak pin.

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of these pop up with this figure. Honestly not sweating it too much though since I only paid around $13 for it.

this is bad, i hope qc gets fixed before predator 2 figures come out,
if not i'm through with neca.
.i don't understand that seam line still being on p1's helmet,
the p1 w/ gort bio,doesn't have a seam line across the helmet.

I know it looks kinda like a seam line, but it's not. It's actually slight wrinkles in the paint (which is just as bad I guess :lol ).

..yeah, classic is definitely the dud of the lot. Hopefully he gets another run eventually with better QC.

Reefer, I have a spare Series 1 Classic I can hook you up with for about $10. Then you can do the body swap.

Thanks bro! That's really cool of you to offer man, but I'm good - have a few S1 classics already. Was actually going to give one to a co-worker on Monday.

There's a girl at work who kept asking me about mine if you can believe that. My buddies at work tell me she's doesn't really care about the pred though, she's just trying to get in Reefers pants :lol

I know it looks kinda like a seam line, but it's not. It's actually slight wrinkles in the paint (which is just as bad I guess :lol ).

..yeah, classic is definitely the dud of the lot. Hopefully he gets another run eventually with better QC.

so it's not a seam (mould) line like on the 1/4 predator's bio helmet?
my p1 should be here tomarrow or tuesday, if it's just paint i can fix it.

That is sound advise bro, but I don't now if it's gonna help with classic here. Something seriously wrong with the elbow joints on this particular figure.

I've had thousands of figures in my grubby hands, and I've never come across something that broke as easily as these did. Like KoBE said in his post, just barely tried to move it without any force at all. There wasn't any paint stuck or anything like that, it was just an extremely weak pin.

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of these pop up with this figure. Honestly not sweating it too much though since I only paid around $13 for it.
i'm getting mine in the mail from CSC tuesday, so i guess i'll find out. if it's just extra cheap plastic, there isn't much you can do to stop it from breaking. that was a big problem with McFarlane stuff too.

I know, kinda kills it 'eh? :rotfl A little innocent flirting here and there is still OK though, right?

You're not going to get much for $25, and even if you did, they might lose sales since it means upping the cost.

Middle-end is tougher to do since high-end collectors are skeptical and low-end ones may not buy it. To get the best balance, it's either-or. We got that with the 19" P1, so I'm hoping they continue this line. The netting still wasn't perfect (and I'd like them to change it for sure), but it's a much better-looking figure for the price. We were lucky there. Let's hope NECA realizes that and continues. There's a reason all 15,000 figures sold out so maybe this will be a good confidence-booster for the company to continue.

I think for 25 dollars we would get a much better quality.
We use 15 dollar crap figures nothing .
Bad paint job and breaking joints.

Neca are now losing market share because some People no longer want to spend money for this crap.

Neca had doubts whether a 19 "Predator figure for 80 dollars sells.
And it sells very well.

Neca must be overcome these prejudices .

Even low-end collectors can buy.
You have to buy not just three versions of a figure.
But a good figure.
Quality, not quantity.
We are speaking of only 25 dollars and not 50 dollars.

In addition, I also know some high-end collectors who buy Neca figures.
If the quality would good, they would buy a lot more Figures.

I rarely buy Neca figures. Because the quality is not as good as in the past .
Although the licenses myself but very interested(Alien, Predator, Terminator).
I've been looking forward to the Elder.
But this does not look good.
Details are missing, the paint job looks cheap.

In addition, the buyers pay more money in Europe for the figures.
And there are neca figures also bought.

I hope to small changes.
Neca should listen to the criticism of the buyers and improve quality control and paint job.

Neca are now losing market share because some People no longer want to spend money for this crap.

Yeah, that's it, their losing market share to all the other companies with Predator licenses making 7" figures. :cuckoo:

While I agree their QC for paint and joints could be improved upon, your post is just downright spiteful.

Back